White dye for candles

Image to the candle after I tye-dyed it (marbled pillar). It's a store bought candle. You just dip it in a mixture of water and dye. I like it, but I'm going to make my own white candles with fo -- now my question to the forum. what type of white dye should I buy to make sure the color turns out WHITE and not gray or off white? Do you have a favorite white dye (brand) that you use? I'm working with soy and soy blends.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/2c5e5176/bc/My+Documents/Red+tye-die+candle.jpg?BCPV7mDBVHh6tsrn

{sorry but the image is too large for the Candletech server site}

Ok I'm new and this might not help you but I have 3 different dyes 1 oz and I went through 2 50lbs of wax, and having a few of them leak everywhere. I still have alot left . You figure the most you can put in is 10 drops. I know that might not help but a little can go a long ways.

Mindy :)

I have a white dye block. I'm reluctant to use it because I saw some where that too much of it will clog the wick. Any thoughts on this?

I have a dye block, and use very little of it, due to that reason. I never seen much dfference as for the color change. But maybe I didn't use enough. It has a different texture to it compared to the other dye blocks. I've never used the white liquid.

I have a white dye block. I'm reluctant to use it because I saw some where that too much of it will clog the wick. Any thoughts on this?

The white dye block you have is probably actually a pigment block, and yes too much pigment will clog the wick.. :)

I've never used white dyes to get a white candle.. All I do is add some stearic to get a white candle. It works for me so that's what I do. :)

The white dye block you have is probably actually a pigment block, and yes too much pigment will clog the wick.. :)

I've never used white dyes to get a white candle.. All I do is add some stearic to get a white candle. It works for me so that's what I do. :)

I have some stearic. I'm using soy flakes & soy blend wax. Hmmm, I'll try that.

The original question was about soy candles. Offhand I don't know of any way to whiten that kind of wax without using a pigment. Container candles in general might have that issue if you really want them snow white.

However, I wouldn't use pigment to get a white paraffin pillar. Paraffin is white to begin with. Any number of additives will turn it from translucent white to opaque white.

I am using soy wax (sometimes a blend). I wanted to make a white candle. sometimes soy has a yellowish tinge.

It was reco'd that I include stearic to make it white or white crystalline. Just made a blend and will let you know if it results in what I'm looking for. Thanks all.