4 8z candles for 8.99 are you kidding me.

Auction states shipping cost is $10.50 on the first lot and $4.50 on each lot thereafter. Read the rest of the auction and you'll see they offer 16 OZ candles for $3.50 each. Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soy-Candles-16-oz-Mason-Container-OVER-150-SCENTS-/260669220008?pt=Candles&hash=item3cb118a4a8

Remind me again why I'm making soy candles? I"m tempted to order just to find out if they have any FO in them.

they arent making any money.

thats 2.24 per candle. Lets just say the jar is .50c... the wick .05... the FO .50... the wax .43c... we're at 1.48. That doesnt include the label, the time, the shipping of supplies, the wax melter, the color, the storage, electricity on and on and on...

Sure they might be getting a way better deal on supplies than that (I'm just using simple round numbers..) but I would assume from those prices and their willingness to just throw their product away like that they are not using very quality ingredients and they dont respect their product at all.

Hey, if they want to give their product away.. good for them.. but you wouldnt see me working for free.

to me its like the dollar store.. you know? Sure.. people could go to the dollar store and buy votives, tealights, and container candles.. but they wont be quality like ours are... our customers come to us for a reason, and come back because of our quality.. it speaks for itself. When sellers like this sell themselves as the "value" brand, they are doing themselvs no favors. "I bought these soy candles that were so cheap!" versus "I bought these soy candles that were so great!!" :)

I get this catalog called LTD every year..they have some cute bakery candles in there called Krumbles. Well dummy me ordered some for myself...ok burning one in my room and one in the kitchen..lol tunneling straight down the middle! WOW! Then I looked at where they are made..Vietnam.

Do not order them! What a waste!

Kim

I get this catalog called LTD every year..they have some cute bakery candles in there called Krumbles. Well dummy me ordered some for myself...ok burning one in my room and one in the kitchen..lol tunneling straight down the middle! WOW! Then I looked at where they are made..Vietnam.

Do not order them! What a waste!

Kim

I see those Krumble candles in all kinds of magazines and always thought they were so cool looking.Never bought one tho,glad I didn't!I had a feeling they would suck,it seems like every candle that i've ever bought really cheap was junk.

I just had a discussion kind of like this with DH. I don't really recall the whole thing, just something about was it worth it when there are so many cheapies out there-and I mentioned how many cheap candles have we gotten (usually as gifts-why do people bother giving yucky smelling don't burn for a you know what candles?! arg...another story there) that don't burn well, don't have a scent or have a terrible headache inducing put that thing outside NOW scent....which is why I started buying only more expensive, well made ones and "storing" the others for "special occasions"...I figure other people will figure it out too. I think it started with cheaply priced tarts at a gift shop-and I went through about 10 (just smelling them there, I didn't buy any) and gave up-they all smelled horrid to me. Christmas tree=pine sol, etc.

Hey, I wonder if they pour most of it with unscented wax then just coat the top with a second pour of scented wax ;)