ducks in M&P

Georgia

Hello. I don't do M&P but my daughter plays around with it. I bought her some cute little Christmas ducks from Oriental Trading Co. Is there any special instructions needed for embedding the ducks in soap? I've searched and haven'f found anything. Someone mentioned instructions on WSP, but I couldn't find them either.

TIA

I've noticed in my M&P that items float when you try to embed them- so for me, doing the duckies that sit on top of the soap was super easy. I just pour the soap, push the duckie in a little bit, and it floats to the top, but the soap that has gotten around it from pushing it down keeps it from seperating from the soap itself. If you wanted to actually embed the ducky in the soap, then melt your soap, let it cool until it's sort of an oatmeal mixture and then shove the little guy in there. :) Try not to feel too bad- he's only plastic.

I made some a week ago and I winged it. I used one of those silicone muffin pans and set the duck in it and then poured the soap in. I had trouble with the ducks staying down and had to hold them until they set. Maryann told me how she did hers. She filled up the mold almost to the top and then let it set up, then she dipped the duck in the melted base and placed on the soap in the mold and pour remaining soap base around to the top of the mold.

:)

hth