big guys versus us.. a test.

LuminousBoutique

I posted this in another reply but I thought I'd start a thread for it too so you guys can see my results.

--

Fun experiment... I got out one of my warmers (this one... http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?cat=38)

put in two cubes from a clamshell, put it in our guest room with a bathroom attached (its about 500 sq feet in total), left the door about half open, and left it on for five days straight (its actually still on)

I know its not the safest thing in the world but I was curious and since I'm always home I checked on it often.

End of the fourth day, it was still scenting the room. Its now day 5, and the scent is beginning to wear off. I can still smell it, but I have to go INTO the room, and when I smell the wax its not nearly as strong. I'll likely dump it in the morning.

I'm going to do the same with scentsy cubes next week.. and compare my results. I'll also do yankee if I can find some.. we dont have a yankee store here but they do carry them from time to time in our ULTA stores or at TJMaxx.

I had my husband and my kids check on it as well, and tell me what they thought of the scent as well. We all agreed that up until the end of the 4th day (last night) it was as strong as the first day. Thats 96 hours, but it was actually 94 by the clock...

Most customers (hopefully) are not leaving their burners on 24 hours a day... but I was curious to see what would happen.

I am genuinely interested in the results, and seeing how they stand up against eachother.

OH, FYI... I use Ecosoya PB, at 10% FO. This particular test was done with Clean Cotton from CS which one of my testers says is very close if not identical to a scentsy clean cotton/breeze type.. shes going to pick me up one of their clamshells of that scent for the test. We'll see what I come up with.

You go girl!

I use a PB/CB-135 Blend (heavy on the PB) and have always gotten great feedback about how long they last. You results will be really interesting. Are you planning on trying to keep the scents in the same "family" (i.e., clean cotton?)

yep trying to stay in the same family just for this test, just to see how it translates across brands and how long they last- my aunt said she has access to yankee tarts so shes going to send me some of their clean cotton to test.

tia- not sure, its not specified on the website and the box is long gone

Hopefully this will help......I am an ex-consultant(2nd job while working corporate world so no laughing) If you would like to get anything Scentsy that I have leftover for comparison just let me know.

Here are some of the fragrance times that I got from burning Scentsy non-stop in a 25 watt full size Scentsy warmer using about 2 oz of wax. Their scents seem to last longer by warming in a plug-in (7 watt) warmer though and using one little cube.

Pima Cotton = 4 days

Clean Breeze = 3 Days

Blueberry Cheesecake = 3 days

Strawberry Sweety = 2 days

Sugar Cookie = 3 days

Grape Granita = 3 days

Berry Blush = 3 days

Tropical Twist = 3 days

Lemongrass = 2 to 3 days

Watermelon Patch = 2 days

Simply Irresistible = 2 to 3 days

Pumpkin Roll = 4 days

Leather = 3 days

Cherry Limeade = 2 days

Lucky In Love = 2 days

Orange Dreamsicle = 2 days

Bubblegum = 2 or 3 days

There are more but can't remember off the top of my head.

Scentsy seems to average about 48-60 hours and the stronger scents can be smelled outside of my house on the first day. I want that scent throw but am having trouble depending which fragrance it is. Some are more powerful but others are less. I'm starting to think that Scentsy uses different wax for different scents?

Go little guys!

Edited by Shewill5

Rainbow Gardens, at the mouth of Ogden Canyon, has a big Yankee display. If you haven't been there, do go, if only to see the place. Take a friend and have lunch there, and split a Mormon muffin with honey butter. :yay:

Rainbow Gardens, at the mouth of Ogden Canyon, has a big Yankee display. If you haven't been there, do go, if only to see the place. Take a friend and have lunch there, and split a Mormon muffin with honey butter. :yay:

oooh they do? I'll check it out. I have never been in there, even though I live only 5-10 minutes away! We head up the canyon alot and just never stop. I even run on the bike path, lol! Well now I have an excuse :)

oooh they do? I'll check it out. I have never been in there, even though I live only 5-10 minutes away! We head up the canyon alot and just never stop. I even run on the bike path, lol! Well now I have an excuse :)

Oh don't give them too much of your money! lol, I've never liked Yankee tarts because they are so hard to clean out of warmers....the wax is hard and has to be scraped. Hallmark stores in my area carry all their stuff also if you can find one nearby. Jealous of your canyon fun :)

I posted this in another reply but I thought I'd start a thread for it too so you guys can see my results.

--

Fun experiment... I got out one of my warmers (this one... http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?cat=38)

put in two cubes from a clamshell, put it in our guest room with a bathroom attached (its about 500 sq feet in total), left the door about half open, and left it on for five days straight (its actually still on)

I know its not the safest thing in the world but I was curious and since I'm always home I checked on it often.

End of the fourth day, it was still scenting the room. Its now day 5, and the scent is beginning to wear off. I can still smell it, but I have to go INTO the room, and when I smell the wax its not nearly as strong. I'll likely dump it in the morning.

I'm going to do the same with scentsy cubes next week.. and compare my results. I'll also do yankee if I can find some.. we dont have a yankee store here but they do carry them from time to time in our ULTA stores or at TJMaxx.

I had my husband and my kids check on it as well, and tell me what they thought of the scent as well. We all agreed that up until the end of the 4th day (last night) it was as strong as the first day. Thats 96 hours, but it was actually 94 by the clock...

Most customers (hopefully) are not leaving their burners on 24 hours a day... but I was curious to see what would happen.

I am genuinely interested in the results, and seeing how they stand up against eachother.

OH, FYI... I use Ecosoya PB, at 10% FO. This particular test was done with Clean Cotton from CS which one of my testers says is very close if not identical to a scentsy clean cotton/breeze type.. shes going to pick me up one of their clamshells of that scent for the test. We'll see what I come up with.

great test, looking forward to reading this thread. The 2nd day of your test was the scent just as strong as when you started. I'm starting to wonder if I'm just expecting too much from my tarts.. the first few hours they're run you out of the room scent almost the whole house, 8 hours later I'm not smelling them as strong, 48 hours later the scent is there, you can smell it when you enter the house or room but its no longer hit you in the face.

Just re-read your post and saw that you said 4 days as strong as when you first burned them. Mine weakens but you can still smell it.. guess I'm not expecting too much. Back to more testing for me,lol

Edited by dixiegal

I think we become "candlenosed" by them too, dixie- Some scents just arent as strong as others (doing a pumpkin pie in my room I could barely smell after 24 hours, back to the drawing board on that one), and with this room being in the back of the house I only go in there every few hours or so, so I have plenty of time to cleanse my nose

Put the scentsy cubes in the burner about 24 hours ago, still strong so far- slightly different scent, stronger on some notes than mine but fam says its about neck and neck so far