ky tart wax

dixiegal

Sorry, another question... I've read that some add another wax to it the only other wax I have is gb 464 would that work or does it need to be 100% soy? I just hate to waste this wax. I can always use it for firestarters but would rather be able to make it work for me in tarts.

I've tried adding a tsp CO pp to it but it didn't help much.

I don't care for this wax at all. I also don't care for the parasoy container blend I just got recently form KY.....so glad I only ordered a 10 lb slab sample so I didn't get stuck with too much of it.

Her FOs on the other hand are great....sorry I'm wandering OT

Wish I had ordered just a little. with such great reviews I figured I couldn't go wrong. Just goes to show what works for one wont for another. I can use it for fire starters and dipped pine cones and save my other wax for tarts. Waiting on an order from candle source Raven gives it high reviews so I'm hopeful. Wish I could work it out with KY wax though because its only 5 hours away and I could save on shipping costs.

i'm not happy with the last couple of boxes i got. i found some 6228 in my work room anyone try mixing these 2 together, if so how was it? I know 6228 isn't made any more but i came across 3 slabs. it kicks butt alone but it does really need something added to it. it looks real yucky alone. niow ky's fo's are totally awesome!!!

I am selling about 300 clamshells a month made with the KY tart wax mixed with 20% 464 or C3. No problems with HT and get about 8- 10 hours per cube (clamshells) of scent time depending on FO.

Just did a show this weekend and had CS Pumpkin Souffle going and it was super strong.

Sold out of the 30 clamshells in that fragrance I took within a few hours. I do have some FO's that don't throw well in this wax but most do. Citrus FO's burn off the fastest for me. Just lots of testing to see which ones work the best.

I tried the Candle Source wax just to compare and it does throw well but is sticks like crazy to my clamshells.

I have 20lbs. of it left but I won't use it because I have to pull the sides away from every clamshell I make with it and it just takes way to much time. May be fine if your using them in the foil liners.

I am selling about 300 clamshells a month made with the KY tart wax mixed with 20% 464 or C3. No problems with HT and get about 8- 10 hours per cube (clamshells) of scent time depending on FO.

Just did a show this weekend and had CS Pumpkin Souffle going and it was super strong.

Sold out of the 30 clamshells in that fragrance I took within a few hours. I do have some FO's that don't throw well in this wax but most do. Citrus FO's burn off the fastest for me. Just lots of testing to see which ones work the best.

I tried the Candle Source wax just to compare and it does throw well but is sticks like crazy to my clamshells.

I have 20lbs. of it left but I won't use it because I have to pull the sides away from every clamshell I make with it and it just takes way to much time. May be fine if your using them in the foil liners.

Well shoot! I use clamshells.

I haven't tried spraying the clamshells first (not sure what to use) to see if that would help but I have 50 of them sitting on the shelf right now and just haven't had time to get them unstuck. :sad2:

Guess I'm hoping they will do it themselves if I leave them there long enough. Been there about a month now....still stuck. You have to push them really hard to get them out. Just don't want my customers to fight with them to be able to use them. But they do smell good. :cheesy2:

I found that if I pull the sides away from the bar I can get them out easier but again just takes to much time.

I haven't tried spraying the clamshells first (not sure what to use) to see if that would help but I have 50 of them sitting on the shelf right now and just haven't had time to get them unstuck. :sad2:

Guess I'm hoping they will do it themselves if I leave them there long enough. Been there about a month now....still stuck. You have to push them really hard to get them out. Just don't want my customers to fight with them to be able to use them. But they do smell good. :cheesy2:

I found that if I pull the sides away from the bar I can get them out easier but again just takes to much time.

Maybe spraying with pam before pouring would help with that. If the throw is good enough it might be worth the extra time to spray each one. I'm chomping at the bit to try this wax.

That's interesting what Kieger24 said. So far I haven't had problems releasing the Candlesource wax from the shells and the 2oz. containers (some people call them "Scent Shots"). To be perfectly honest I did have a few that didn't want to release easily (forget which scents), so I put them in the freezer for a couple of minutes, and problem was solved. I don't use a mold releaser or pam. Maybe it's because I pour at a lower temp? :confused:

Been testing the KY wax with 464 added the for days and so far I'm loving it. Looks much better, no dimples but its not as white now but I'm not too worried about the color, the best part is the 464 really seemed to up both the CT and HT and the melts are keeping HT for days in an electric warmer and if I can smell them with my candle nose I know its strong:cheesy2: