Aroma Ornies Scent Throw

Pristina

Hello fellow creators :cheesy2:

I have a question regarding the aroma ornies. I have been making some and testing them and unfortunately, I don't seem to be getting a scent throw that I am happy with.

I was wondering, does anyone ever add scent after they melt the aroma beads? Or maybe even during the melting process? ARe you able to refresh the ornie with FO after the scent fades?

I was thinking of trying to either spray the scent on the finished ornie or use an eyedropper to drop FO on the finished product.

Any suggestions? :undecided

TIA ;)

Edited by Pristina

I soak the beads with the FO and they are usually dry within 24 hours. How long do your beads take to soak up the FO?

Also, do you melt yours a lot, or how long do you bake them for?

I haven't done it yet but I want to melt mine so they are more smooth and not bumpy, but the ones i've already made are not like that and i'm just not happy with the throw.

I also use the kraft bags with the aroma beads for air fresheners and they are very strong so i'm not sure why the ornies are not.

I have not had a problem with the throw of our beads. Of course, they are not designed to be used to scent an entire room or large space. They work fabulous in small areas, cars, lockers, closets, etc. After we make our beads and they dry, we store in airtight glass containers. We have had the fragrance last at least two years stored this way. When I melt mine, I like the rough texture. I melt on low heat and for a short time. The hotter the heat and longer the cook time, of course you will lose fragrance.

And you can always add fragrance to the beads once the fragrance evaporates off or lessens. HTH