NG's Vanilla White

maryann

I got some of this to try too. I tried using it at the .3% listed on the website but my soap still turned brown. I tried 3 different batches using 3 different FOs with the same result, soap still turned brown. So, I sent an email to NG asking for clarification of usage since using it at the .3% did not stop my soap from turning brown. I included in my email others suggestion of using it at a ratio of 1:1 and they responded with this:

"You will want to use .3% vanilla stablizer of the total amount of product. "

So apparently your not supposed to use this at a ratio of 1:1, but the .3% usage amount that they recommend is not working. I even did a batch of CP using more than .3% just to see what would happen and the soap still turned brown. So needless to say I am disappointed with it and very curious how they managed to get the white soap that they show on their FB page too..because that is not my results at all! Oh and yes, it stinks terribly! I took a wiff not too close to the bottle and did not smell anything so I thought okay it is not going to stink too bad I mean afterall, the website stated it had a light vanillic character scent so I put my nose right at the bottle and took a wiff and WOW, it felt like I burnt my nose off and it did not smell anything vanillic to me, lol....but the odor was not noticeable in my finished soap at the .3% usage rate....

TOO TOO funny soapnmomma I did the SAME EXACT THING!!!!!! I read the FB page as well and without hesitation I took a HUUUUUGE whiff of it and was knocked on my can from it :laugh2:

So after that my concern too was using 1:1 (which I also saw on their FB page) due to the strong smell. After soaping twice with the same results with 3% I thought I'd try the 1:1 FO to VW.

I did post the pic on NG's FB page and comments after a few days its turning brown and Deb asked my %s and would contact the maker to see what they say.