KY Tart/Votive Wax...out of stock...AGAIN!

countyline

Hello, Mary0050

The Janis Joplin museum sounds cool; if I do head your way, I will let you know for sure.

From what I've heard and read, zip lock bags will suck the scent out of the tarts. When you buy "plastic" bags make sure they're polypropylene, NOT polyethylene. I let my tarts cure in lined Kraft bags. I'm sure you could let the tarts cure in some type of glass container also; in fact that's where I store my inventory of tarts, in those large glass containers with metal lids that you can buy at Walmart. HTH, and ttyl :smiley2:

Hi Raven, I found a website "Paper Mart" that sells the linded kraft bags. They are $15.54 for 100 does that sound reasonable? I checked other clear bags at the dollar tree and 99c store but none of them tell you what they're made from. Thanks!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's what I had been told too ... that the plastic in the Ziploc type bags sucks the scent right out of the tarts. Someone clued me in on that last year hereon this forum ... thank goodness :)

If you gals go to the Janis Joplin museum you'll have to let me know what it was like. I saw her in concert when I was a teenager (my first date actually!) & had a big poster of her in my room. What a talent she was. It's a shame her addictions ended her life like they did.

Blessings,

Shirlee

Would you believe I have never been there! Every year we have a Janis Joplin Tribute concert with bands that were famous down here like the Boogie Kings. They did concerts together when she started. I need to go by there. If I do I'll let you know and try and send you guys some pictures if they let me take them.:)

OutlandishLady, the clamshells look just fine. They do have a slight dimple, but the texture is very smooth and creamy. I've never done re-pours and no-one has complained about the look; the dimple is very shallow, really.

Will take a picture and post it (if I remember how, I'm so computer challenged. LOL)

Ravens...Those look great. how may ounces is in the clamshell?

I just took the plunge and orders 4 slabs of wax from The Candle Source and about 70 one ounce samplers to try out. It's so hard for me to choose which one I want, I'm such a Gemini and a FOH plus the prices are great. Can hardly wait for them to get here. :rolleyes2

Sharon Kay

SharonKay, let us know when you start playing with it. I placed my order a couple of days ago; running low on the wax..... and I just can't have that :rolleyes2

I have several new FO I'd like to try, but my sinuses are all messed up:sad2:

wonder how Mary0050 is doing? Bet she's having a ball playing with TCS wax!

Ravens... I don't have a clue what would make the weight different but you have a good thought about fragrance oil.

I will definitely let all of you know how it is going when I start testing, so... exticted!

Yes Mary, please let us know how your testing is going, inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

Sharon Kay

You know, I just couldn't get the PB to throw any of the FOs I tried; it was so frustrating!

I have some of it left, and perhaps one of these days I will give it another try, just to experiment. If I'm not mistaken, I always added the FOs around 160... perhaps I need a higher temp before adding scent.

SharonKay, let us know when you start playing with it. I placed my order a couple of days ago; running low on the wax..... and I just can't have that :rolleyes2

I have several new FO I'd like to try, but my sinuses are all messed up:sad2:

wonder how Mary0050 is doing? Bet she's having a ball playing with TCS wax!

Hey you guys, sorry I haven't been on but did you get my question about the paper you use? I think it's right about your clamshell pictures WHICH ARE GREAT!!! I've had doctors visits this week and have to have knee surgery so I'm fixing to really get behind making my tarts and will let you know.

Hey you guys, sorry I haven't been on but did you get my question about the paper you use? I think it's right about your clamshell pictures WHICH ARE GREAT!!! I've had doctors visits this week and have to have knee surgery so I'm fixing to really get behind making my tarts and will let you know.

Mary ... I also have some surgery on the horizon so know what you mean about wanting to really get behind making some tarts. I'm hoping to get some made in the next day or two. Best of luck to both of us surgery-wise :smiley2:

Blessings,

Shirlee

Edited by Shirlee

Ravens... I don't have a clue what would make the weight different but you have a good thought about fragrance oil.

I will definitely let all of you know how it is going when I start testing, so... exticted!

Yes Mary, please let us know how your testing is going, inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

Sharon Kay

Hey Sharon, haven't been on for the last couple of days been to doctors appointments. Need to have knee surgery so I'm fixing to try and get back to it fast and hard. Will let you know!! Great to hear from you!

Hi Mary0050,

So glad to hear that you are going to be making your tarts and having fun before your knee surgery, but then after the surgery I'm sure you will feel much better.

My wax and fragrances will be coming in from The Candle Source tomorrow. I am so excited to get started on this wax. Right now I will be testing so I won't be adding dye and I will be pouring into portion cups and I think I will try some clamshell with this wax also. I am really anxious to make some wickless container candles too. I have always used soy or a parsoy blend in the past so I didn't need to do a repour in containers but if the scent throw is better it will be worth it. It will be fun sharing results.

Sharon Kay

Mary ... I also have some surgery on the horizon so know what you mean about wanting to really get behind making some tarts. I'm hoping to get some made in the next day or two. Best of luck to both of us surgery-wise :smiley2:

Blessings,

Shirlee

I'll keep you in my prayers Shirlee when you have your surgery. Hope it's nothing serious. Just not a good time for both of us! But can't plan these things. I'm loving this new wax and since I found out about the zip lock bags issue I'm sure that will make a big difference! Love the things we learn on this site. :yay:

Hi Mary0050,

So glad to hear that you are going to be making your tarts and having fun before your knee surgery, but then after the surgery I'm sure you will feel much better.

My wax and fragrances will be coming in from The Candle Source tomorrow. I am so excited to get started on this wax. Right now I will be testing so I won't be adding dye and I will be pouring into portion cups and I think I will try some clamshell with this wax also. I am really anxious to make some wickless container candles too. I have always used soy or a parsoy blend in the past so I didn't need to do a repour in containers but if the scent throw is better it will be worth it. It will be fun sharing results.

Sharon Kay

Sharon, do you get a lot of request for the wickless container candles? This forum is the first place I have heard of this! Here in Texas we're the last to try something ha!ha! and before I started making candles I would just put the regular candle on my warmer and the wick would eventually cover up with the wax. I never thought of making them without the wick and selling them that way! I have learned SO MUCH from all you ladies! It's greatly appreciated. I'm anxious to make those. When I first started learning to make candles getting the proper wick has been the most frustrating and I'm so glad wickless candles and tarts are becoming more popular down here.

lol, I'm so tired of not being able to wick my jars right, it's been years of off and on playing with them. I have some samples of zincs I'll try them first

Hi Raven! I have a question. I followed the temps you gave on the tarts but my first batch of tarts do not have a good cold throw (I'm waiting one more day to try them in the warmer). Do you heat your wax to 180 like their web site says? Because I heated to 170, added the fo and stirred real good for about 45 sec. then poured at 150. Their website says heat to 180 remove and add fo then pour at 175-180. Just wondered what I did wrong because I'd rather follow your instructions because you've been doing this lots longer than me. Thanks for any help you can give me!