KY Tart/Votive Wax...out of stock...AGAIN!

countyline

I'm not sure where to post this, but is anyone else getting concerned about out-of-stock issues with KY's parasoy tart wax? I just ordered, and for the second time, the day after I ordered, I got an email saying that it is out of stock and won't be in until Friday. The last time, it ended up being several more days after the first date they gave me, so I don't even know if I can count on that.

My first question is, why isn't that stated on the website? When I order something that says it's in stock, well...I expect it to be in stock.

#2, Is this going to be a continuous issue with this wax? I have spent hundreds and hundreds in testing all of my oils in this wax, and the thought of having to start all over again makes me sick. I just can't afford to do it. This could literally put me out of business.

Also, both times, Vicki has tried to turn me to another parasoy blend they have, but I can't get any info out of her about the percentages of soy in it vs. the tart wax. Maybe some people can just throw their oils in any old wax and sell it, but I don't work that way. All of my tarts are tested by at least two other people, and myself before they get added to my line. I am so upset right now, I don't know what to do! I have 5 lbs of wax left, and several online orders, whom I have promised shipment at the end of this week, or early next week. I love KY's wax and oils, but this is the second time they have put me in the position of having to go back on my word to my customers. That is not something I take lightly. :(

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did last time, and it didn't really get me anywhere. I just got my wax...eventually. I emailed her before I posted this, and haven't received any repsonse yet. I didn't post anything here after it happened the first time, but this is twice in a row now, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issues. They are offering to ship the oils I ordered separately from the wax, but making no offers to help out on the increased shipping of sending them separately, so that is an additional frustration. If I had issues like this with my customers (which I am about to, thanks to KY) I would be jumping through hoops to try to make things right with them, and I'm not getting that at all with KY. They just blame it on their trucks and say it's out of their control. What's NOT out of their control, is being up front with their customers and posting their outages on the website, so we're not promising things we can't deliver.

This happened to me too :(

She told me this blend would probably be better than the para-soy

but I couldn't get ratio's either. Just that it had more soy but was still a soy paraffin blend. She said it was what she used now.

I used the blend and it wasn't that bad, I tested it and found it to have a cleaner throw but too me it didn't have as good of throw. Although family members seemed to like it saying it had a less waxy smell in the throw. My Mom Highly prefered it (she finds my tarts aggrivate her allergies normally). Everyone else said it was strong but I was not sure

I guess the higher amt of Soy made it easier on her and she wants me to use it for her. She usually hates tarts period but when she smelled this burning she said Wow I like this its smooth and not so waxy smelling.

I was on the fence and felt the throw was more mellow. Also to note was the cold throw was actually better with this blend, meaning I compared 2 with the same oil and the cold throw was better with this blend, I've always noticed that KY para-soy blend wax cold throw is not the best esp the open side of the tart or cupcake, but If I put a lid on it and come back then I smell cold throw.

I don't think this wax likes air:smiley2:

With this blend cold throw was very good.

From what I gather it is a blend with more soy in it, it dimples less and is easy to use comes in 1lb wax slabs so that works easy enough. I could put 4 or 5 in my presto pot. Its actually easier than than scooping granules.

But I'm truely not sure which wax is better due to candle nose I may have had while testing. I too almost had a nervous breakdown when I could not get the regular wax and had to use this one.

Is she out now of the tart wax? If not I better stock up now

i'm worried about this too.

But if I were you I would test this one out for yourself, I'd love to hear your results. I wish I had, had the time to test them while not working, because

I can't be sure when I have candle nose which is really getting better throw.

not sure if this will help but JS has a good votive/tart wax. i've used both KY & JS and really i like JS's better. the scent's last longer & don't have that waxy smell to them. i'm just using up what i have left of KY & i'm going back to JS's hth

ps sorry everything is in lower case but i had surgery on my shoulder on the 10th and only have 1 arm to do anything with right now. and i'm left handed and that's the shoulder they did the surgery on, lol

Thank you all for your kind responses! You're all so helpful and kind to let me vent!

MetroChic, I'm sure you already saw, but the wax is now listed as out of stock, although it wasn't when I ordered it. She says it will be there on Friday, and I am hoping that's true because last time this happened, it wasn't. I've had a couple of suggestions as to where else I can find a similar wax, so I think I'll be checking those out. It really bothered me that Vickey just wanted me to switch waxes with orders waiting, with no possible time to test. I'm just not willing to do that.

I really appreciate all of the great info on your test results with the wax she suggested. I haven't actually ever found this mystery wax on the website either, though. If it was so great, why is it not for sale? Or maybe I'm missing it. Another thing that makes me wonder is the fact that she has previously stated that they just make their tester tarts in any old scrap wax they have lying around, but now she says they use this new wonder wax. Maybe they get consistent results in every wax they throw their oil in, but I know I don't.

They have also been out of water crystals like 4 times in a row when I ordered them, though this was not stated on the site either. Things like this make me really worry about the stability of a vendor. I think I will be pursuing finding a replacement distributor for this wax. :(

Thanks for the info on the Just Scent wax I'm ordering soon and will order a bit to test it out.

No its not on the site, I think its something new she got in or something.

I did ask myself the same question though too why doesn't she sell this one LOL

I felt like she was just trying to help though offering this wax since I was going to have to wait a long while for the other one.

It seems she is having trouble with this supplier so it could be the company you mentioned above who knows. I just hope she gets it worked out.

I've never had trouble with KY in the past and truely always felt Ky to be one of those suppliers you feel good about ordering from.

But I am keen to try other things now, I just need to find a tester other than myself because I always have candle nose it seems, I'm either making B&B or tarts everyday.

If anyone has other recs besides Just Scents blend please let me know PM is fine..

And Metro,

I agree - as I just told Vickey, I have always been happy with KY's products, and previously always happy with their service.

However, I am not okay with them taking no reponsibilty for their mistakes. All I keep hearing is, "we can't control when we run out....we can't control how long it takes the manufacturer to get it to us....we can't control our trucks" I'm sorry, but I don't believe they are so powerless, and even if they can't control it, they still need to take responsibility. They CAN order sooner, they CAN list out-of-stocks on their site right away. Running out of wax was out of my control, (though, I should have know after this happened last time to reorder sooner) but I don't tell my customers that; I apologize like crazy and do whatever I can to make it right. It's called customer service.

I'll be your new tester, RetroMetroChic. ;)

I, too, use this wax. Love it! Last time I ordered it, seems it was out of stock, though it didn't say so on the site. She e-mailed me about it and said it wouldn't be in until later in the week. Come to think of it, I did wait longer for it than I should have. I even almost e-mailed her to find out what was up. When I finally got it, I didn't notice any difference. Love the granules and the smell of it even before I put any FO in it! I have heard of another wax that is good for tarts...CBL129 is coming to mind, but I could be completely off base. Also, I have heard Candle Source's tart wax is phenomenal. Maybe I'll give that a try one of these days.

Thanks for the info on the Just Scent wax

I'm ordering soon and will order a bit to test it out.

No its not on the site, I think its something new she got in or something.

I did ask myself the same question though too why doesn't she sell this one LOL

I felt like she was just trying to help though offering this wax since I was going to have to wait a long while for the other one.

It seems she is having trouble with this supplier so it could be the company you mentioned above who knows. I just hope she gets it worked out.

I've never had trouble with KY in the past and truely always felt Ky to be one of those suppliers you feel good about ordering from.

But I am keen to try other things now, I just need to find a tester other than myself because I always have candle nose it seems, I'm either making B&B or tarts everyday.

If anyone has other recs besides Just Scents blend please let me know PM is fine..

Edited by nmhoneybear

Vickey did make me feel somewhat better about the situation, and about the stability of KY. My last four or five orders seem to have had issues with something, but her email made me feel better. Nonetheless, I may be seeking alternatives for this wax as it costs me a ton every tim this happens, as I throw in goodies with my late orders to make up for the delay. Wish I knew for usre who manufactures this stuff! I'm not giving up on KY; I like their products too much, but I do need a backup plan. I'm pretty sure from now on, I will call before I order to make sure I'm actually getting what I think I am.

Does this have anything to do with the fire at CJ Robinson, I wonder? When I was looking for a distributor for the 1285 (parasoy tart/votive/pillar blend) I emailed the company & they directed me to KY. I could be totally off base, but....

IF CJ Robinson is KY's supplier, then this wax can also be found at Wellington Fragrance. I emailed CJ Robinson and asked if they had anyone in the midwest who sold this wax and their reply was: Wellington Fragrance in Michigan. http://www.wellingtonfragrance.com/Well-Pour-Soy-Blend-Granulated-Wax-P1053.aspx

Edited by IwantItgreen
typo's

I can't help you with the wax but I did want to let you know I get my water crystals locally at Home Depot. They are a little big but I think they hold the scent better than the ones I get from candle supply distributors IMO. They are usually in the same area with the Miracle Grow and are called something like "soil moist". saves me a LOT of aggrevation because I just run down to HD when I open my last bottle to grab more.

Okay, I just ordered a slab of the container wax from Candle Source for making tarts. I called and asked them which wax they used for their tarts since I could not find it stated anywhere on their site. I wanted to make sure that I got the right one! Someone said on this thread that they used the pillar & votive wax for tarts, but I wanted to double check. I will post my results after I test this wax out! :)

Ky's is finally back in stock today, two weeks after I placed my order! A sweetheart of a candlemaker directed me to Miami-Erie Candle Supplies to find the same wax in a pinch. It's a little more expensive than KY's, but as far as I can tell, it's identical. Angie is wonderful to work with and ships quickly, so if anyone else gets in a bind, keep her in mind!

I don't quite know what to think about the situation at KY. Vickey told me that she's sick and things aren't the same around there (clearly.) I feel terrible that she's sick, but I think maybe she is taking on too much herself and needs to get some help. I called to see if the wax was in a couple of days ago, when I didn't receive any response to my emails, and she didn't even let me get my sentence out before she came unglued on me. I don't mean to sound insensitive; I do feel for her, and I know she must have been really stressed to act that way, but holy cow! I didn't expect to get yelled at when I asked a simple question. I do hope she gets back to her old self soon...I miss the old KY.