KY Tart/Votive Wax...out of stock...AGAIN!

countyline

Mary ... you are having better luck with your tart scents than I am. Mine smell great when they've been made & they smell great in the baggies but I get nothing when they're melting. I'm hoping it's because I was using 100% soy. I've ordered some of the parasoy from Candlesource as well per Ravens recommendation & can't wait to try it. I ordered it via the website & paid but never got any kind of response saying it had been shipping or was going to be shipped or there's a delay or anything. I was a bit uncomfortable ordering it because the site said shipping would be added later & I like to know what my shipping is going to be up front. I ordered last week & haven't heard anything so hopefully I will soon.

Blessings,

Shirlee

Hi Shirlee I ordered mine and I'm just like you I did not like not knowing how much the shipping was. My order for the wax was around 15.50. Then today I received a bill for the shipping and it was 12.50. I live in texas so have not idea if that's reasonable or not. Let's keep in touch and share results. Were you using IG wax also? I've been getting mine from a candlestore only 10 miles away so I'm spoiled with not paying shipping. The IG 4630 is working ok for my container candles. I have read that the 100% soy has problems with some of the fo's but I've never tried it. Let's hope we have better luck with this one! God Bless and let you know when my order arrives and how it goes!:)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ravens ... I didn't spend a lot of time on their site, just ordered the parasoy wax, the FOs & some tart molds, but I'll be anxious to hear about the candles. I didn't notice that you could check the type of shipping you wanted.

Mary ... Yes, let's keep in touch & share the results we get with this wax. I always jump in with both feed so I ordered 2# plus 6 or 7 FOs & 48 tart molds. My order came to $80-something. I hope my shipping charge isn't heart stopping. I almost thought about just picking it up myself. Their Ohio store is maybe 3 or 4 hours from me. I don't know what kind of soy I was using. I bought a 5# bag of 100% soy from a supplier on Etsy that was advertised for tarts, pillars & votives. Now I'm wondering what I'm going to do with the probably 4.5 pounds I have left.

Blessings,

Shirlee

Shirlee, Candlesource stocks a parasoy now? I didn't see that one! wonder if it's as good as the container wax :confused:

Ravens ...

I have got to stop trying to use the lingo everyone else uses until I know what I'm talking about :sad2: Someone told me a while back that Candlesourse is not the same as The Candle Source so perhaps that is part of the confusion. I ordered my things from The Candle Source. I'm guessing they're coming from Ohio rather than from Oregon. Secondly, I thought any blend of soy & parafin was considered parasoy. The wax I was talking about is the container blend/preblended wax from The Candle Source. Since the subject at the time had to do with waxes that were a blend of both soy & parafin, I assumed that this wax was such a blend & therefore called it parasoy.

Sorry for the confusion. I should just type everything out from now on so as not to confuse others or embarrass myself. At least I know I've got FO right ... lol!

Blessings,

Shirlee

That's quite alright, Shirlee. I was just puzzled and thought "Wow, I've been using this wax all this time and never realized it has soy in it?!"

Not sure if you ordered it, but if you did, please take a look at it and let me know what you think. IMO, it is very white and the texture is different from all the other paraffins and parasoy waxes I've used. The difference in texture is especially evident to me when I cut it, not just by looking at the surface of the slab.

Would LOVE to know what's in it!:confused:

That's quite alright, Shirlee. I was just puzzled and thought "Wow, I've been using this wax all this time and never realized it has soy in it?!"

Not sure if you ordered it, but if you did, please take a look at it and let me know what you think. IMO, it is very white and the texture is different from all the other paraffins and parasoy waxes I've used. The difference in texture is especially evident to me when I cut it, not just by looking at the surface of the slab.

Would LOVE to know what's in it!:confused:

Ravens, I JUST received my order boy that was quick! I was getting confused like Shirlee with all the selections so I went with the first one the Container Blend that is what you use isn't it? I'm so glad you get the melting and pouring instructions because it came with no paperwork and I can't find anything on the website about what temp to pour and went to add fo.

Shirlee, I'll let you know how my melts go I'm going to start on them this week end! Also Raven, how long do you let yours cure before trying your candles and tarts? Thanks for all your help!! I was about to give up on making tarts and their are popular here in Pt. Arthur Texas! Thanks again:yay:

Mary 0050, glad you got your wax. I really hope you will like it as much as I do and that it'll work just as well as it does for me.

I know some people say that paraffin does not need to cure, but I try to keep my little paws off the finished tarts for at least 3 days... don't always succeed:rolleyes2

If you have Peak's White tea&ginger, you've GOT to try it in this wax. A lady I know called me yesterday and she said she wants 3 pounds of White tea & ginger tarts!

You're in Port Arthur? I live in the same State, north-east corner, right on the border!

Back to the Candle Source wax...This afternoon I had Winter Night melting; it's such a wonderful fragrance, I think it's perfect for Fall, not just the Winter season... It scented my whole house just great!

Well, better not start my usual babbling; good luck with your new wax and keep us posted :smiley2:

Mary & Ravens ... I got my shipping invoice! $20 isn't too bad for all that I ordered & it's coming Fed Ex!

How do you cure your tarts ... just leave them in the molds for 3 days or pop them out & let them sit on a dish for 3 days or what?

Is Winter Night a Candle Source FO or from some other supplier? I take it Peaks is a company? What is their website address?

I can't wait to hear how you like working with the wax Mary! I don't know much about Texas but I do remember that Janis Joplin came from Port Arthur : )

Blessings,

Shirlee

Shirlee, I believe that Peak's is the owner of this forum/website; they carry great oils; White Tea & Ginger is from Peak's, but I think the Candle Source also carries it (never tried it, though).

winter Night is from a different supplier (Daystar). She hinted that she was thinking of dropping Winter Night and a few others, so I bought 5 bottles! Went back for more, but she had none left. Now she has customers begging her to bring it back - and I'm one of those customers, LOL. I will gladly send you a few tarts of Winter Night, if you'd like. :smiley2:

How do I cure my tarts? As soon as they're completely cooled, I pop them out of the molds and put them in a Kraft paper coffee bag (the tin tie closure type), label it and leave them alone for 3 days or so.... though like I mentioned before, I don't always manage to last 3 days!

www.peakcandle.com

www.daystarsupplies.com

$20 sounds like a very good price for shipping! What did you order and where do you live?

Ravens ...

Thanks for the info! I do hope they bring back the Winter Night ... it must be fantastic if people are now begging her to do that ... lol! I would love to try a couple tarts. Is there a way to send you my address without making it public?

Where do I get these coffee bags you are talking about? Along with that, where do I get baggies to package my tarts? I know you aren't supposed to put them in Ziplocs but I went to Hobby Lobby the other day thinking I could get celophane baggies & couldn't find them there.

From Candle Source I ordered 2# of that wax blend you love so much, 6 or 7 bottles of FO, & 48 metal tart molds. I never used the metal tart molds before so hopefully I didn't waste my money on those. I live in Kentucky.

Blessings,

Shirlee

Ravens ...

Thanks for the info! I do hope they bring back the Winter Night ... it must be fantastic if people are now begging her to do that ... lol! I would love to try a couple tarts. Is there a way to send you my address without making it public?

Where do I get these coffee bags you are talking about? Along with that, where do I get baggies to package my tarts? I know you aren't supposed to put them in Ziplocs but I went to Hobby Lobby the other day thinking I could get celophane baggies & couldn't find them there.

From Candle Source I ordered 2# of that wax blend you love so much, 6 or 7 bottles of FO, & 48 metal tart molds. I never used the metal tart molds before so hopefully I didn't waste my money on those. I live in Kentucky.

Blessings,

Shirlee

Good luck with your testing, mines suppose to be in sometime today. I plan on testing some tonight.

Mary 0050, glad you got your wax. I really hope you will like it as much as I do and that it'll work just as well as it does for me.

I know some people say that paraffin does not need to cure, but I try to keep my little paws off the finished tarts for at least 3 days... don't always succeed:rolleyes2

If you have Peak's White tea&ginger, you've GOT to try it in this wax. A lady I know called me yesterday and she said she wants 3 pounds of White tea & ginger tarts!

You're in Port Arthur? I live in the same State, north-east corner, right on the border!

Back to the Candle Source wax...This afternoon I had Winter Night melting; it's such a wonderful fragrance, I think it's perfect for Fall, not just the Winter season... It scented my whole house just great!

Well, better not start my usual babbling; good luck with your new wax and keep us posted :smiley2:

Ravens, I'm like you, can't keep my hands off! But will order both of the fo's you recommended. Shirlee said in her response your not suppose to put them in zip lock bags. I DID NOT KNOW THAT!! That's how I cure all my tarts. Could that be that's what's causing some of my problem? Ya'll must try Ginger (Origins) with Bergamont from Natures Garden. IT'S THE BOMB!! I'll let ya'll know my results now that I think I have a better wax to work with. Can't thank ya'll enough for all your help. People like Shirlee and I are new to this and ya'll save us so much money and time. Can't wait till I can be of help. Now let me go and unbag my tarts since their in zip lock bags. So glad to know not to do that!! Have a great Columbas Day weekend!:yay:

I found a sample of Peak's White Tea & Ginger in my drawer. Yay! That will be my first batch of tarts with the CandleSource wax. Wish I could find the Winter Night on Day-Star's site, though. :( You've got me intrigued! I will have to keep checking back. I'm curious what's in it. If you're liking it now, I'm suspecting it is not a piney scent. Guess I'll just have to keep my eye out for it...

Nmhoneybear, there is not a hint of pine in Winter Night; it vaguely reminds me of Celtic Moonspice from AH.

Just sent a response to your PM. :smiley2:

You're going to love Peak's White Tea & Ginger in the Candle Source wax; one of my best sellers!

Nmhoneybear, there is not a hint of pine in Winter Night; it vaguely reminds me of Celtic Moonspice from AH.

Just sent a response to your PM. :smiley2:

You're going to love Peak's White Tea & Ginger in the Candle Source wax; one of my best sellers!

Thanks, Ravens. Got it! :)

Mmmm! I love Celtic Moonspice. Think I may pour some tarts in that today as well. I am going to be a tart-pourin' fool today! lol

Me thinks I should have ordered more than one slab of that wax...:rolleyes2

Edited by nmhoneybear

I can read your excitement!:smiley2: Easy now, you may not like the wax after all... though I highly doubt it. The only criticism I have is that I wish it had a stronger CT but, on the other hand, it may be just me,my nose has become sort of numb with all these scents. Often my husband will walk in and shut off my burner and when i notice and ask him why it's off, he says, "It's too strong, burns the hairs in my nose..." Well, isn't it what we all want? Burned nose hairs, FO headache, passing out strength? Some people!:laugh2:

Ravens, the tarts that you sent me all have an awesome cold throw, I can't wait to order the wax from The Candlesource. I have the South Pacific in my plugin candlewarmer from Candlewarmers Ect melting right now as I type. It has a very strong hot throw in my illuminated warmer I am just not sure of the hot throws I am getting from the plugin. It's not your tarts, they are awesome, but imo this plugin just doesn't throw like the large warmers but of course it's only a 15 watt bulb. Maybe it will get stronger when it is completely melted.

Sharon Kay

Ravens,

Now that the tart has completely melted and has had a chance to get warmer I can smell it in the bathroom out the door and around the corner into the bedroom. I have windows open in both rooms and it still has a good throw. I am very happy with your tarts and the fragrance.

Another nice fall & winter frangrance is from Wildfire Creations it's called Winter Blast here's the description: An intoxicating blend of vanilla, pine and sweet peppermint sprinkled with subtle notes of eucalyptus, cedar wood and fir needle. A complex scent that is a must have for your fall collection. Flashpoint: 145f Skin Safe. Another nice one from there is Fireside Inn: The comforting warmth of a crackling fire with notes of cinnamon, clove and subtle blends of fruits, ginger and balsam. This is a fantastic scent! Flashpoint: 200f Candles. I love both of these! I bet they would smell so... good in The Candlesource wax.

Sharon

Sharon Kay