Driftwood by CS

kssoaper

Before I made my batch of soap I poured a little of the FO in my measuring cup,,, looked clear; thinking ok great, will not turn tan/brown. Did a 2 color swirl - looked great going into the box - - - - but now it's getting that gold color soap gets when it's going to have the vanilla effect, dang it... oh well, we'll see what it looks like tomorrow :( Other than the potential of discoloring it was VERY friendly and smells great. Actually reminds me of something but can't put my finger on it.

(CP soap with goatsmilk, fyi - I know that can affect the end color too)

Edited by kssoaper
Left out what kind of soap it is

Yeah but sometimes those funky colors in the beginning mellow out into an off white or cream color. Some just get funkier lol. Vanillin is the main culprit for color changes, but other scents will do it too. An orange clove scent I used to use always went bright yellow on me and then turned brown, but really what's vanillin going to be doing in a scent like that? So I think some spices can be culprits of color changes too. Just saying.

I think it must be a vanilla component - - it's hard to describe the fragrance; but I think there is a hint of vanilla.... hopefully it won't go totally dark, I could live with a creamy tan :smiley2: If I can find my camera's cable thing I'll post a pic tomorrow when I cut it - even tho I know the presto chango may take days!

Oh, speaking of presto chango I thought I had the pumpkin FO I've been looking years for - Pickin Pumpkins from AH - stayed orange for probably 14 days before it started to darken! Drats, thought I had it! It still isn't as dark as some I've tried in the past but I thought I was finally going to have an orange pumpkin soap.

The description says it is a vanilla based FO:

Driftwood is a woody, earthy mix of vanilla and sandalwood, warmed with musk and a touch of patchouli for a calming and long lasting fragrance oil.

The name "driftwood" makes no sense to me at all.