Bath Melt Recipe Help PLEASE!

krodriguez

I found this recipe on here for bath melts and would like to try it. However, I don't want to make such a large batch. I would prefer to do a test batch. But I'm not very good with breaking down recipes.

So, could someone please configure this same recipe for me on a much smaller scale? Thank you so much and I really appreciate your help. :thumbsup:

8 oz. cocoa butter (the smelly one)

1 1/2 cups baking soda

1/3 cup corn starch

1-2 tbsp. cocoa powder (if you want it brown)

1 cup citric acid

Melt cocoa butter. When it's melted, add baking soda, corn starch, and if a dark chocolate melt is wanted, add cocoa powder. If not, leave as is. After everything is completely mixed and molds are ready, cool until pot is just warm to the touch, but still liquid.

Add citric acid and stir like mad! Pour quickly into lined molds, then in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Have held up very well in warm weather.

*Note: When you make it, if you want to add fo, rather than chocolate scent, use deodorized cocoa butter and add 1 tbsp. body safe fo.

Here is the recipe that I used. It was in a posting some place.. just not sure where right now... but anyway.. here it is:

2 oz. Cocoa Butter

6 T. Baking Soda

1 1/4 T. Cornstarch

1/4 c. Citric Acid

1/4 T. FO

I never used the coca powder it called for. I just make them plain. Hope that helps!

Here is the recipe that I used. It was in a posting some place.. just not sure where right now... but anyway.. here it is:

2 oz. Cocoa Butter

6 T. Baking Soda

1 1/4 T. Cornstarch

1/4 c. Citric Acid

1/4 T. FO

I never used the coca powder it called for. I just make them plain. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much! I can't wait to make these! I want to use a truffle mold. Do you recommend a particular mold?

• 6 months later...

LOL @ the brown floaties & thanks Billie. That's exactly what I was wanting to know.

I hadn't thought of coco butter causing breakouts. Do they melt at a different rate with mango butter? I thought I remembered it being softer than coco. Would experimenting with "exotic" butters that are really just oils blended into palm be good for this, or would the palm also lead to breakouts. There's some kukui butter at the place here in town that is seeming interesting.