Glass Glow Odor

Hi,

I have very recently started testing Glass Glow Container Palm. My first tests look wonderful and burn very evenly down the container. However, after a few test burns, it developes an odor of smoke/burning, but only once the candle has cooled (it also has soot across the top). When lit it is fine, but when cooled it is disgusting.

I am using a 16oz jar and wicking with two 30-ply flat braid wicks. Why does it do this and how can I fix it? It has happend on one candle with liquid dye and 6% FO, as well as as an unscented, uncolored candle (so far my only two tests).

Any help would be much appreciated.

~Dan

I would agree that you need to try another wick. I had a similiar issue a while ago when testing small whisper jars. I was using every wick I had (just to see what happened across the board), and the zinc cores were doing almost the same thing as your problem. Just way too hot. I knew they would be, but wanted to test and make sure.

HTH

Steve