so not happy with C3

WHen I started making candles, I must have been getting some older stock of the C3. As soon as I started getting the C3 by Elevance, my candles changed dramatically. I use a blend, but now I get all kinds of cracking and the hot throw is just not there. Any one else discover this?

• 1 month later...

I am having a problem as well. My melt pools are way too big now. I'm very frustrated and currently dealing with this. It's got me in tears and I just want to shut my business down. All the work I did, all the scents i have, now have to be re-tested? This is a money sucking pain in my @ss!

I was just reading about a supplier that is no longer going to being carrying the C-3. The reason they gave is because the wax has become to "inconsistent". Looks like the suppliers are starting to notice what us candle makers have been saying for awhile now..

I hear ya Pristina..exactly why I did shut my business down! I had the perfect recipe..a great line that took me years to test the right jars,wicks and C3 has changed significantly! I do use 6006 for myself now..but I have a whole unopened case of C3 that is there if someday I feel like playing with it.I will never open my business back up again due to the economy and all my years of testing are gone. It is so sad for me. I will always make candles though..just love doing it.:sad2:

Kimmeroo

WHen I started making candles, I must have been getting some older stock of the C3. As soon as I started getting the C3 by Elevance, my candles changed dramatically. I use a blend, but now I get all kinds of cracking and the hot throw is just not there. Any one else discover this?

I also use a blend and my hot throw is still very good but the wax seems to be melting at a lower temperature because my melt pools are larger and I am in the process of re-testing everything.

I had to shut down my site temporarily until I get at least some scents tested that I can have available.

I make tarts so I will still be able to have those in all my scents but as far as the candles, I'm back at square one.:(

I hear ya Pristina..exactly why I did shut my business down! I had the perfect recipe..a great line that took me years to test the right jars,wicks and C3 has changed significantly! I do use 6006 for myself now..but I have a whole unopened case of C3 that is there if someday I feel like playing with it.I will never open my business back up again due to the economy and all my years of testing are gone. It is so sad for me. I will always make candles though..just love doing it.:sad2:

Kimmeroo

I'm so sorry Kim, this business can be soooo frustrating at times. *shudder*

I have really considered going wickless recently but instead i'm biting the bullet and re-testing :mad: It's nerve wrecking at times.