kind of a weird request

Last night I was looking at some of my old test candles (pillars) and I wondered what other people who do vegatable wax pillars look like. I felt like I learn a lot from looking at how they burned and the transitions between the different wick sizes. I have only used store bought parrafin pillars before making my own pillars, so I don't have anything to compare mine to. I know it is really pretty to put up pictures of our new candles, but would it be too weird to put up pictures of the ones we like how they burned? I think it would be really informative and helpful. Please let me know what you guys think. :)

That would be way cool! If I can find a digital camera to use I'd love to post some pictures of my soy/paraffin blend pillars after having been burnt for a while. They don't burn like paraffin of course and I'd love to know if other people get the same kind of thin shell thing going on.

Last night I was looking at some of my old test candles (pillars) and I wondered what other people who do vegatable wax pillars look like. I felt like I learn a lot from looking at how they burned and the transitions between the different wick sizes. I have only used store bought parrafin pillars before making my own pillars, so I don't have anything to compare mine to. I know it is really pretty to put up pictures of our new candles, but would it be too weird to put up pictures of the ones we like how they burned? I think it would be really informative and helpful. Please let me know what you guys think. :)

By all means, I like to see candles that burn properly.

That was very helpful, thank you :) Mine look just like your pink ones if I use an LX 30.

I have a couple of questions. When you are testing do you keep your wicks trimmed to 1/4 inch every time you relight? I ask this because I have had some customers tell me they don't do this, so I'm thinking if I should be testing both ways. Personally I like the flame better when I trim it before relighting. The flame stays prettier longer. If you never trim it, it can look smaller and almost clogged.

What do people mean by a blowout? When people say "hug" the candles, does this mean (for parrafin) turning the warm wax on the sides down?

Also, from the first lighting, do you burn it for many hours or do you burn it for only the amount of inches of the diameter of the candle?

When I'm burning at home I always keep the wicks trimmed. When I test burn, I always do it both ways so I can see what the worst thing that could happen is..... A blowout is when you develop a hole in the side of your pillar while burning it and wax spills out. Hugging is just what you think it is.

Again, when test burning I always do things correctly (buring one hour for the number of inches of the diameter) AND I do it wrong too... this is only when I'm pretty sure I have the wick I want, when I'm figuring out the initial wicks I only do it correctly. I call burning things wrong "idiot burning" which I do for those folks that won't follow directions!