First Website Email Contact: Bummer

Catlover

Just got my first email related to the website I put up just last week. Oh, boy! So excited! :yay: Then I read it and it was some chick saying, "How about a sample?" Deflate. :sad2: I looked on my FB page and she had "liked" it, so when I looked at her FB page, I saw she is a member of a group called "I Love Free Things". They spend hours and hours sending away for free samples of stuff.

Oh well. Maybe the next one will be for real! Anyway, heads-up to everyone on that little freebie-searching group!

Just got my first email related to the website I put up just last week. Oh, boy! So excited! :yay: Then I read it and it was some chick saying, "How about a sample?" Deflate. :sad2: I looked on my FB page and she had "liked" it, so when I looked at her FB page, I saw she is a member of a group called "I Love Free Things". They spend hours and hours sending away for free samples of stuff.

Oh well. Maybe the next one will be for real! Anyway, heads-up to everyone on that little freebie-searching group!

Welcome to the online store world. As time goes on expect more of the same as well as other weird and wacky emails.

Oh, I've read some good stories on here about that--that's how I was able to immediately realize this was a deadbeat email! (Thanks everyone.) The thing is, I don't even have an online store, per se. All I have is an email contact because I'm mainly marketing in my local area right now. And this charming freebie-seeking person is in another state! The mysteries of Facebook... It is kind of entertaining to see what kind of things these people come up with.