Massage Oil Candle Formula

IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN SEND ME A FORMULA FOR MAKING MASSAGE OIL CANDLES. I AM USING THIS AS THERAPY TO HELP CHILDREN AND ADULTS THAT HAVE BEEN BURNED AND OTHER SKIN PROBLEMS. I AM A SKIN THERAPIST. I AM DEPERATELY LOOKING FOR SOME HELP. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS DRSKIN54@YAHOO.COM I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP THAT I CAN GET FROM ANYONE.

THANK YOU

JAMES

I'm not completely understanding you....you want to make a candle that doubles as massage oil?

Massage oil is liquid......candles are solid unless burning....burning candles, hot flames, and children DON"T mix well!!!!

Why not just make a lotion, massage oil, or some other type of cream....please don't add a open flame to it....it is only asking for problems!!!!!

Even if any of us did take to the notion of "massage" or "lotion" candles, which we dont (nobody I know of anyway), there is no "formula" to make a specific candle. It takes a lot of time, work, patience and testing to to make a proper candle. I agree with the freak, try a lotion or oil.

Umm, that didn't come out right... I agree with Candle Freak :embarasse

Just did a search on yahoo...it apperas to be a candle that is made up from coconut oil and soy...

But You would need to ba a candlemaker to make these...I would suggest buying on for yourself anddoing more research....and testing on yourself....before treating patients with this...

http://www.myfemalesexuality.com/products/FlameOfLove.htm

here is a link for another one with different oils..

http://www.bodymassagecandle.com/

HTH

Tara

Actually, there is such a thing as a massage oil candle. If you do a search online for this you will find a few of them. The one I found was composed of soy and coconut oil. I'm not exactly sure about the application of such a product, but seems to generally be reserved for romantic evenings with the spouse.

Ooooh baby, hot stuff! Nuthin like the flame of love I always say.
santa roll Something about this comment is not right.

Why couldn't he make the candles that are only used on a warmer and wickless? You can heat it to the desired temp and then remove it from the warmer. Just a thought.

I would think that a flaming candle is the last thing one would want to use on/around a child that has been traumatized by a burn?!?! :confused:

I agree, if you want to use hot/warm oil as therapy, just buy some regular massage oil and heat it in a simmer pot. I'd think this would be much, much easier and cost effective.

As a physical therapist, I see no benefit what so ever with this type of therapy. Just a gimmick in my opinion. True my specialty is not skin, but we use paraffin therapy for arthritis patients. A melter designed for this purpose and a paraffin wax blended for us to have a melting point of no more that 126. The melter is designed to keep the paraffin at or no more that 3 degrees above the melting point. And we do not use it on children or anyone who has been burned in the area that needs therapy.

As a chandler I have never actually measured the temperature of a melt pool but I think that it might vary with wicking, environment in which it is burned, etc. that could be dangerous and could cause burns I would think because the wax would hold the heat on the body and may be too high to be safe.

It seems to me that a medical grade wax melter would be a better option. You could use soy or paraffin. A patch test however would have to done on the patient because some people are allergic to soy and some to petroleum products.

On burn victims and children a better option would be warmed oil. Jojoba, hemp and shea come to mind.

Covering a child with melted wax and also the use of those ear candles baffle me, why would anyone in their right mind want to drip molten wax into their ear, sounds a bit sadistic to me, sorry if I offended you.

And Top thought covering a teddy bear in molten wax was bad!

Dee

Now wait a minute... when I read this earlier this morning that post said ezema and other skin problems...

As for burns... I'm not a doctor or therapist of any kind, but I just can't see how massaging oil on burns coupld possibly help at all. For skins conditions, a massage oil or sopmething in a warmer pot, temp controlled of course, would seem much more suited than a melting candle. The melt pool can get very hot and there's no way to keep it at a controlled constant temp.

Sounds like he's working with burn victims after skin grafting. Somehow that's not funny to me.

The original message was edited to include the part about burn victims and skin grafting. Initially, drskin mentioned eczema and other skin problems when topofmurrayhill posted his reply. I'm sure he wasn't intending to offend anyone or make light of anyone's infirmities. The link that was provided earlier spoke of a purely recreational oil candle, which is what invoked the response.

I'm sorry drskin....I hope you can still find helpful information on your topic. Those of us who posted here have apparently not heard of this form of therapy before and were not aware of the applications of massage oil candles in the field of medicine.

This tends to be a jovial bunch here, never short on laughs and joking around, but no one meant to detract from the seriousness of your inquiry.

Sounds like he's working with burn victims after skin grafting. Somehow that's not funny to me.
The original message was changed after the fact. I agree that it's not funny in the new context. What I would say about about the new context is that a "skin therapist" who is "desperate" for a massage oil candle is not someone I would send a burn victim to.

Seems that it would be taking a extremely high risk to use any type of candle as a therapy.

Has the FDA approved using these types of candles on people?

The amount of FO for a candle is way over the amount used in lotion, another risk to sensitive skin there, especially children's skin. Burning the wick, leaves contaminates in the wax, and if any UV or dye is added to the candle, those probably aren't good for the skin too.

Do you want to take that risk? I sure the heck wouldn't. It's a gimmick that I pray gets stopped before long when people stop to think what they are putting on their skin. Use massage oil or buy skin products.

Not to offend anyone who has posted but we have a massage candle that sells really well. The wax when melted is not very hot. I guess you need to open your mind and actually see how it works. It seems like everyone is so negative right off the bat. As for using it on burn victims, I cant see the benefit. But it does work great as a hot (not burning) massage oil candle

Not to offend anyone who has posted but we have a massage candle that sells really well. The wax when melted is not very hot. I guess you need to open your mind and actually see how it works. It seems like everyone is so negative right off the bat. As for using it on burn victims, I cant see the benefit. But it does work great as a hot (not burning) massage oil candle

It's not a matter of having a closed mind. It's a matter of knowing that much of society lacks common sense. You make make one of these candles and it be a great product that's perfectly safe and I wont comment on that as I've not tried it. However, as we see all to often here, newbies pop in and think I can scent some wax, stick a wick in it and sell it. How many of them are there out there that haven't learned how to test and be safe? Now think of those people making one of these massage candles. Horrifying! On the other side of the spectrum is the end user. They see a "massage" candle or a "soy lotion" candle, or whatever advertised. Then think to themselves, hey this candle I have here is made of the same stuff as that fancy one. I'll just use it. Hey, it can't hurt to try. When in reality, it definately could and probably would hurt to try! It's not the idea of the candles that gets me so worried, it's the lack of common sense in people :shocked2:

I think I should explain things a bit. When using a massage oil candle. The candle is lit, then blown out. The heat of the flame has warmed the oil. Only then is it poured on the skin. I have a 8 year old daughter and have massaged her arms and legs with this. She finds it to be very relaxing. She has never been hurt from the warmed oil. There are some who prefered to use warmed oils from the microwave, heated pots or whatever. I love using massage candles.

The candle that I prefer the most is shea butter. It is very thearaputic for people with inflammation of the joints. When the oil seeps into the skin of patients with skin rashes, rosecea, and etc, they say they get relief from the irritations of inflammed skin.

I have a wash that I have created. It is made with fruit enzymes. This was will help with uneven skin tones, scars from surgery, stretch marks,burns,rosecea, acne, pigmentations and etc. I am trying to improve the lives of people who have been in unfortunate circumstances to have a better life. I would be more than happy to talk with anyone about the work that I do. My number here is 314-909-0420.

Thank You all for your feedback.

I'm not completely understanding you....you want to make a candle that doubles as massage oil?

Massage oil is liquid......candles are solid unless burning....burning candles, hot flames, and children DON"T mix well!!!!

Why not just make a lotion, massage oil, or some other type of cream....please don't add a open flame to it....it is only asking for problems!!!!!

I do not want to make a candle that doubles as a massage oil. I want to make a massage oil candle. massage candles are lit, the oil is warmed and then the wick is blown out. Now you have a nice warm oil to use for massaging. Please read my reply.

I think I should explain things a bit. When using a massage oil candle. The candle is lit, then blown out. The heat of the flame has warmed the oil. Only then is it poured on the skin. I have a 8 year old daughter and have massaged her arms and legs with this. She finds it to be very relaxing. She has never been hurt from the warmed oil. There are some who prefered to use warmed oils from the microwave, heated pots or whatever. I love using massage candles.

The candle that I prefer the most is shea butter. It is very thearaputic for people with inflammation of the joints. When the oil seeps into the skin of patients with skin rashes, rosecea, and etc, they say they get relief from the irritations of inflammed skin.

I have a wash that I have created. It is made with fruit enzymes. This was will help with uneven skin tones, scars from surgery, stretch marks,burns,rosecea, acne, pigmentations and etc. I am trying to improve the lives of people who have been in unfortunate circumstances to have a better life. I would be more than happy to talk with anyone about the work that I do. My number here is 314-909-0420.

Thank You all for your feedback.

How about you post a link to where you have bought the shea butter massage oil candles and we will take a peek and see what its all about? Im guessing shea butter will burn/melt with a wick, but I see no point in doing this when you can warm it up in many safer ways. You must be in the StLouis area with that prefix, we were 314 before you guys in Stlouis stole it from us about 15 or 20 years ago. :( LOL Bruce

The original message was changed after the fact. I agree that it's not funny in the new context. What I would say about about the new context is that a "skin therapist" who is "desperate" for a massage oil candle is not someone I would send a burn victim to.

I'm deeply sorry Top. I had no idea the contents of the post said something earlier. Please forgive me for shooting off my mouth. :embarasse

Fire