Curing racks??

icecold

I use a commercial bread rack that has the pans that slide in. Mine has 20 slots for pans. I love it, because it takes up a small space, and I can cure a lot of soap on it.

That is what I was thinking about using....where is the best place to find one? What would be considered a fair price?

I use a wood shelving unit from ikea with extra shelves, there is about 6" between each shelf.. its deep enough to get 12 bars (from one log) in a row, I stand them up in a row and can have about 20 logs curing at one time, and it was around $20 for the shelf and $10 for an extra set of shelves.. If you dont need all that space yet, cookie racks work just fine!

The first day or two after cutting, I leave them on bake cooling racks. Then transfer to a open weave plastic basket to go onto wire shelves (in the laundry room) with fans blowing on them. I put an index card with batch #, recipe, date made and how many bars were in the batch in the front of the basket, so I can figure out when to transfer them. I put them in 18" long cardboard box to sit on another wire shelve in my DD's room (until next month when she comes back home) where the cured soap sits-index card gos on front of box.