Making your own para/soy blend

I made a big boo boo I ordered the wrong wax which I can not return so I am thinking I may try to make my own blend.

I normally use 6006 container wax.

I ordered straight paraffin wax so I was going to try and make a 70/30 soy/par blend.

Does anyone else here make their own blend?

Kay

Go over to the vegetable wax forum and read the thread about soy and soy/parrafin blends. Its a sticky at the top of the forum:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15182

having looked through the link posted, that is only about supplier's blends only. I believe the OP was inquiring about making your own para/soy blend.

There are some here who do that including myself. I use 70/30 415/IGI4627 blend. Others here add about 15% Soy to 6006 which is already approx. 20% soy. HTH

Edited by IwantItgreen
grammar

having looked through the link posted, that is only about supplier's blends only. I believe the OP was inquiring about making your own para/soy blend.

There are some here who do that including myself. I use 70/30 415/IGI4627 blend. Others here add about 15% Soy to 6006 which is already approx. 20% soy. HTH

Do u know what the blend is for 6006? I cant seem to find that information anywhere.

Straight paraffin is going to be VERY DIFFICULT to turn into a container blend even adding a lot of soy. Your 6006 had a lot of additives + soy. IMHO it will not be worth it. Carole

I agree. It might not be worth it simply for consistency and testing reasons; you'd have to re-do all your testing. Maybe you could use it for something else and have it be a special.

I agree. It might not be worth it simply for consistency and testing reasons; you'd have to re-do all your testing. Maybe you could use it for something else and have it be a special.

If it werent for the fact that I got 30 lbs and spent $70 I would just scrap it. I did think about trying to sell it for canning.

Kay

My husband came up with a good idea for the wax and the containers I no longer want to use. He suggested I pour plain candles to use during power outages. We could put a couple in the closet in each of the bedrooms, and wherever else, and we're not scrambling find them when the lights go out. Maybe everybody here does that already so sorry if it's a repeat...

I made a big boo boo I ordered the wrong wax which I can not return so I am thinking I may try to make my own blend.

I normally use 6006 container wax.

I ordered straight paraffin wax so I was going to try and make a 70/30 soy/par blend.

Does anyone else here make their own blend?

Kay

What is the # on the straight paraffin?