F.O Strength

Check out www.candlescience.com. If you use soy, they have an accurate scent rating for each fo. I use 6006 and off the top of my head, I would recommend...

Macintosh Apple

Brandied Pear

Mistletoe (in the spring/summer I rename Meadow Mist)

Cranberry Marmalade

Pumpkin Souffle

Clean Cotton

Black Cherry

Honeysuckle Jasmine

Wildberry Mousse

Love Spell

I'm sure there are many more. Candle Science sells excellent quality oils, not to mention their awesome customer service. I'm sure most on this board would agree.

Yep...I agree with Candlebuddy.

I have tried most of what is listed there and they are great throwers in 6006

The Red Hot Cinnamon is another strong thrower.

also Baby Powder

gardenia

Hazelnut Coffee

theres more I'm sure :)

Right, but I'm trying to branch out with scented and colored candles. I use an absolute minimum of color and maximum F.O. with paraffin only.

And no additives right? You just want to be able to have a functionable candle without torching it right? Because you know that you can saturate wax all you want, but the more you do so, the more flammable it can become and the likelihood of leaving scent behind (in your pot and leeking from the candle). Your straight paraffin doesn't hold as much, but additives allow it to hold a little more.

Edited by Scented

I picked up a block of unknown wax and tested a small chunk. It burned beautifully. I made a small pillar with a little red dye and a max charge of cinnamon and no additives. Both the F.O. and the dye separated out. I remelted the pillar and added some UA. It turned out good but I haven't burned it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I make container soy candles and random pillars. I too have a lady(when I see her coming I cringe :) ) who always wants me too make a super strong candle for her. She doesn't have a very good smeller! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Garf

When you say maxed out how much do you actually mean, my candles dont smell that strong I am worried of putting too much in incase of a fire:laugh2: I use 1oz and it still doesnt smell that strong,

Mind you i think you get better scents than we do in the uk?