craft show display help

Since I do both melts and candles I set up by aroma. It's a little easier for me to keep track of when I'm behind the table.

I even section off the types of aromas - florals all together, bakery all together, etc., in alphabetical order.

Edited by Judy, USMC
added info

by type for me... florals one -two-three shelves... bakery/foods on another... clean/oceans on another... I do shelves so it also depends on how much room I have at that particular show. The goal, eventually, is to have each shelf (4 units total) be one scent, and have the three containers/sizes in a row on the shelf... 8oz mason, libby square, and 7oz tumbler... I'm not quite there yet though, if sales pick up this summer thats how I'll do it next year.

Edited by LuminousBoutique

I've been doing it by color for several years...due to someone...I think on this board...posting that this is the way Yank## wants the stores to display their candles. I start with white and end with brown...I haven't used black since I started pouring a parasoy blend.

I get a lot of compliments on this look. I have 2 different looks/jar styles. All of my Madison jars are on shelves on one table and then all of the shouldered jelly jars with pewter lids are displayed by color on top of wooden crates. I don't take votives or tarts to craft shows anymore. I HATE pouring votives so they are special order only...tarts have been special order for the past few years but I am thinking about pouring them again for shows.

IF I decide to drastically reduce prices on candles that haven't sold...I set up a small card table and don't worry about how they are displayed since people have a tendency to move stuff around a lot when trying to find a bargain.

I've been selling at craft shows since 2006 and the best displays I have seen are groupings of same scent. For example; tarts, small jars, and large jars all grouped together from smallest to largest of the same scent. So I started doing that and my sales picked up ever since. Another factor is having enough candles to make a full looking display.

What I have found unattractive is a collection of different jars and scents thrown together helter skelter. Makes the candlemaker look like a newbie and I always see customers just walk on by those booths.

• 1 month later...

hi there again!! maybe baskets or wooden (cd size) bins? are you thinking tabletop or floor displays? i saw this and think it would be cool for tarts/melts. but it doesn't look easy to break down for storage does it? its from The Frank Edmunds Company but i think any bin or basket would work. hth-kris

BTA042-Half-Peck-Display.jpg

Alphabetical, but I only sell tarts. I put the clamshells on the pegboard but now that I have the scent shots too.. Im unsure as to how to display them.

Any suggestions?

SYR, do you mean the portion cups? I use a three tier acrylic display. Each tier (or tray, if you will) has four compartments so that means 12 scents in one display, or six scents if it's a bigger show and I use two compartments per scent. I set as many display cases side-by-side as I need. One way I'd emphatically NOT display them is mixed together in a container, even if the container is something attractive. It's just too much work for customers to dig through. My sales went up dramatically when I separated them out.