FACIAL SCRUB..Malibu or Jar??

katshe

What would you prefer if you were using a sugar facial scrub

Malibu or a Jar

My Facial scrub is thick but i have found a supplier that has a top that works for my scrub ...it's just such a pain to fill malibu tubes but probably more convenient to use for customers.

What would be your choice???

ok, that is two votes for the jar and another few customer votes for jar...I guess I am changing it to a jar....:)

Now that will be much easier to work with.

Now what size...right now the tube is 7 oz and what style soo many decisions.

[quote=katshe;848583

Now what size...right now the tube is 7 oz and what style soo many decisions.

If you're customers are used to getting 7 ozs, then I would stay as close to that as possible. As far as style, my personal opinion is the low profile wide-mouth style jars. Easy access for fingers :)

good point numbers...do you know who carries those for round .90 cents a container...thats what I get malibu with tops and that includes shipping...Get from soapies so maybe she has something.

only problem with her is she doesn't have pics of evertyhing :sad2:

I do a jar for the body scrub and it is good. ok some customers are worried bout germs getting into their facial scrub ugh well then.

Maybe I just need a better way to get that stuff into the tube. I use a ziplock freezer bag and pipe it in there...problem is, it is thick like peanut butter and doesn't , ya know, just fill up...have to keep slammin it to pack it down.

Only other thing i could do is reformulate it to be thinner but really don't want to mess with the recipe.

I'm for Malibu too. Personally, I hate ANY kind of container I have to dip my fingers into in order to get the goods. Especially if it is going on my face. Any time you put your fingers into a product, you are contaminating it. So if this is something to benefit the face, sticking your fingers into it is only making it worse.

I completely understand that filling a Malibu is a pain, and I'm not trying to make any more trouble for you. But I have made the conscious decision in the past to avoid pots in leu of tubes to minimize contamination because my skin is fairly sensitive.

Just my opinion, but figured I'd share since I do pay attention to packaging with regards to skin care products.

thanks sharon and jonsie for your imput. Everyone's input is important to me. I am now leaning towards the tube as well and may come up with a slightly thinner recipe and maybe I can fill the tubes when the scrub is still a bit warm.