OBI Plug In Warmers - Not melting

Johnna

I had a customer last week return a plug in.. She said it stopped melting the tart? I know it was working when she bought it because it had been a display piece. She said it melted for a couple of days and then nothing- even thought lightbulb not burnt out? She had put a new bulb in it but was only 4 watt so not strong enough. I tried a new 15 watt bulb and it worked fine.

She also told me that her friend (whom she had brought to the store a day or so after she was first in) said her plug-in never melted a tart at all????

I have a display that I have 3 plugged in.. I usually only actually melt with one of them.. just turn the others on to show how it looks lit.

When I put a tart in the next display model.. it never melted either?? Light is bright and strong though.

Anybody else having any problems?

I am going to plug each one in and make sure it melts a tart before I sell it.. and I am not sure I will replace the plug ins once I sell my stock.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your plugin meltors.

This is why I use only the electric heating plate type warmers and not the ones that relie on heating with a bulb.

I get mine at C&S and they sell pretty well. I like the idea that you can melt a tart in the warmer bowl or take the warmer bowl off and place a candle on the heating plate to use it as a wickless. Haven't had any complaints about them.

Thanks for letting me know Menards carries the right size bulb.

I am just mystified how the bulbs light up but don't produce enough heat to melt the tart??

I will buy extra bulbs and include 1 in each box in case the OBI bulb is defective. Takes from my bottom line profit but I'd rather make sure I have happy customers.

In one of my business classes they said that a customer will tell a negative experience to 10 people... I dont want that..lol