Birds Nest of Wicks

In an effort to save $$ we ordered the large quantity of wick assemblies from a supplier (won't mention the name). These came literally wadded and stuffed into a bag, 1,000 of them. Are we being unreasonable in thinking that they should not be shipped this way? They are all bent, broken at the tab - - we have to literally spend more time straightening them, replacing the tabs at an unbroken point in the wick...........

We did contact them, they said 'sorry, that's how they come'.............. huh???!!!!

Here is how they look after we 'unwad' them -----

post-11678-13945847053_thumb.jpg

I got them the same way, in bags of 1000s... I only had to straighten them a bit, but once secured at the bottom of jars and thighten I was fine, the breaks you're talking about were not a problem.

I never had such many in a time so honestly I didn't think about how they should be packaged.

Sorry you're so disappointed!

That's how mine came from Lonestar too(not quite as bad). Except on top of it, they had these rediculus 10mm length wick tabs. Cd series wicks.

Why dont you mention the supplier? If we out these people who insist on doing a substandard job and then on top of it blame the people they outsourced their work to("that's how they come"), then eventually, they'll wise up and improve their product.

Edited by snewbie

We use this wick in votives, so no pulling tight..... :sad2: We buy quite a bit of other supplies from this company and have been otherwise satisfied. We just wondered if it was *us* ~ maybe we're just hard to please.....

Edited by kssoaper
Got in a hurry!

But even if you put them in votives (i suppose you're using wick pins?) they will be fine. The hole in the votive straightens them.

My lxs I use for votives are the same way too, but really not much of a problem, they work just fine.

I order wicks by the thousand too and they come in a bag in a box. I find if I get regular melt point wax coating they look like that. The high melt point wax makes them stiff and they look great. I order from Candlewic.

Same here, I always get a high melt coating. :cool2:

All mine come the same way and they are from 2 different suppliers. My t-light wicks are from a Canadian supplier and come in bags of 1000. My votive wick are from a US supplier and come in boxes of 1000. I have wick pins in both cases and have never had a problem. ButI can see where you are coming from if you are not using wick pins. I home it gets better.

ChrisR & Sharon--a question about the high melt point wick coating. Do you use these in container candles or pillars?

I had been afraid to order the high melt point since I use a low melt point container wax. Would that cause any problem? I'd love to get neater wicks, but the price from CandleWic is too good to pass up when they're running one of their great sales--I order several thousand at a time even though my business is very small--usually only have to order every couple of years!

TIA,

Jane

I have bought bags of 500 and I can tell you that my suppliers wicks do not come like that!!! Not even remotely! They are all in smaller bundles and placed in the bag..perfectly straight!

Could you please tell me who your supplier is that sends wicks neatly packed. To me all wadded up seem unacceptable but this is all new to me so I'd like to know who would be best to order from.:)

ChrisR & Sharon--a question about the high melt point wick coating. Do you use these in container candles or pillars?

I had been afraid to order the high melt point since I use a low melt point container wax. Would that cause any problem? I'd love to get neater wicks, but the price from CandleWic is too good to pass up when they're running one of their great sales--I order several thousand at a time even though my business is very small--usually only have to order every couple of years!

TIA,

Jane

I have never been able to tell the difference. Don't do pillars but I haven't really tested to see if there was a difference.

I remember the first time we ordered 1,000 and they came like this....I was surprised and disappointed. We were having trouble with the wicks separating from the tabs with this new batch - a real PIA when you have just poured jars and jars and then try to secure the wicks just to have them start floating!

Our subsequent orders have been received in the same packaging and, even though I am not thrilled with it, I have gotten used to it. BUT, if I ever found a company that separated them and had them delivered the same way the packs of 100 come, I would switch immediately! Too much time is spent, as far as I am concerned, carefully separating them as I need them......

I use them in my containers and votives and used to with my pillars (years ago), but I wick my pillar molds so I use spooled wicking.

I've never had any problems with them burning differently.

We order wicks by the thousands and they come packed/shipped in a box. I cannot imagine a cost effective way to "neatly" pack wicks. We use our wicks in votives, jars, etc. and do not use wick pins. We have no problems straightening our wicks.