My mom and I have "created" a scent we call Spicy Citrus. Anyone want to try it?

leenabug

well all ya, I mailed them.....but...........I made some mistakes:sad2:

First thing that happened was the heat and humidity here in GA is so high that the tarts wouldn't harden properly. I use my container wax, 464, for my melts, (I pour them in 2 oz cups). This wax is very soft, even when hardended, but not normally a problem for me cause of being in the cups with lids. However when I cut them in half and put in a plastic baggy, then mashed flat, they crumbled very badly. I thought oh well, its the smell, they can rake it all out of baggy when melting.

I rush to get to post office before it closes, they wont let me mail with a stamp even though I halved the melts and put in envelopes. No biggie, I pay the extra. After I leave the post office , I realize that I put the samples in SANDWICHES bags and I was suppose to put them in ZIPLOC bags! Oh no! Sigh, ya they prolly gonna leak..........soft wax+high heat= GOOEY , MAYBE EVEN LIQUID MESS.

I'm sorry, you can tell I've never done this before. I called my friend who works for a post office and she said even if it started leaking they would PROBABLY still deliver it, once they determined it was nonhazardous. So sorry about this, remember it was FREE! lol!:rolleyes2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you melt it, please tell your opinion of the scent.......don't be afraid to hurt my feelings.

1. is it original, is there something out there just like it?

2. is it strong enough to be enjoyable?

3.IS the scent pleasant to you?

4. Does it's name "match" the scent?

One thing about this that is really neat, that I didn't do on purpose..............as I looked over my list of addresses that I sent the samples to, I noticed that all 10 samples went to 10 different states! I love that cause it means 10 different lifestyles, locations, temperatures, etc. I think i will definately get a good rounded out opinion!

Yes I got my sample - I have it sitting in the warmer - the warmer is not on because I already had test candles going. To give it a fair evaluation I want it to be the only scent burning when I test it. I keep walking by and smelling it. It reminds me of one called Spiced Orange from Cajun Candle. Not an exact dupe but that's what it reminds me of. I'll post more after I burn it.

Got ours yesterday also with a nice letter from our post man LOL OOB we have to say we thought of spiced cranberry or spiced cookie right off, didn't get the citrus part just yet. Will be melting today and give a full evaluation of it by tomorrow :)

sorry bout the note from the postman:embarasse! spiced orange? thats funny cause it has no orange in it whatsoever! lol! lemons, grapefruits,limes, even coconuts, but no orange.......cant wait to here your verdicts after u melt it........

Got mine and have been taking a break this week from pouring So I plan to test it out tomorrow to give it a fair opinion! It was pretty melty when I got it (I am in TX though and it's been hot) but it hardened up once it was in the ac so i should be able to peel it from the plastic to melt it.

Once you melt it, please tell your opinion of the scent.......don't be afraid to hurt my feelings.

1. Reminds me of a cross between Icebox Lemon Cookies & almost a natural lemon/lime cleaner from a brand I see in some high end boutiques in Green Bay, but the combo offplays really nicely.

2. Yes, I think it's strong enough to be enjoyable. For me, personally, I love scents a bit stronger even. But, it's strong enough to work it's way all round my 1300 square foot place.

3. Yes, it is pleasing to me. Wasn't exactly certain at first, but it has grown on me. Very nice.

4. I think Citrus Spice is a good name for it. I did inintially expect it would be more of an orange before it came. I just equate citrus with orange, I guess.

I think you have a keeper! Nice original scent. :)

Terri M.

New Franken, WI

Edited by tmarcusen

I have been burning this today. It smells nice and reminds me of something from my childhood.

1. It seems pretty original to me. Something in it reminds me of a fall scent.

2. I think the scent is strong enough. I burned it in my guest bath and could smell it all down the hall.

3. I think it's a pleasant scnet. Really reminds me of something-maybe just a memory.

4. For the most part I think the name matches the scent. I tend to think orange too when I hear citrus but there is obviously a lot of other citrus out there. Part of me thinks it's a holiday scent like a harvest spice or soemthing along those lines but I can see why you wouldn't want to name it this as it's more limiting.

All in all I think it's a good blend!

I really don't get the cleaner scent unless I am right on top of it and then only I think because it was mentioned.

Edited by aviator girl

Tested the scent last night and today.

I would agree its original. I posted earlier it reminded my of Spiced Orange but I didn't get the orange I thought it would throw.

I like softer scents so I thought this one was a bit strong - just my taste.

Because it's a strong scent I didn't like it as much as I thought I would but I didn't find it unpleasant either if that makes sense.

Like someone already mentioned - when I think of Spiced Citrus - orange comes to mind but I think the name fits the scent.

Since we all need a variety of scents for our customers and I'd have no problem putting this in my line. There are plenty of scents I pour that I don't like but other people do. I'd say it's a keeper.

Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you guys (girls) so much for reviewing this for me!!!!!:yay: I'm glad so far it has no "hates"! But if anyone does, thats okay cause I want honest opinions!

Can't wait until the rest of you try try it out....................

Got my sample the other day and boy did my mail box smell good! :)

Sorry I didn’t post about it sooner but when I came here to do it, the board was down…

Anyway, here are my thoughts…

• is it original, is there something out there just like it? Not just like it but I think this smells a lot like Roobois (Red Tea) from AH/RE. Maybe with just a touch of lemon. Very similar though.

2. is it strong enough to be enjoyable? Thought it was pretty strong and threw well.

3.IS the scent pleasant to you? I thought it was nice, though I’m more into spicy/bakery types scents. It definitely wasn’t unpleasant. :)

4. Does it's name "match" the scent? I’d have to say no, specially after thinking it smelled like the Roobois…I was expecting more orange, like some of the others and definitely didn’t pick up a bunch of spice.

Hope my review was helpful and thanks again for letting me try it! :)

1. is it original, is there something out there just like it? It does seem to be original, but there is something in it that seems very familiar to me. It smells very fresh to me, like a clean scent, not a spicy scent.

2. is it strong enough to be enjoyable? Yes.

3.IS the scent pleasant to you? Yes, I did enjoy it.

4. Does it's name "match" the scent? No, I don't think so. As I stated before, it smelled more clean and fresh to me than spicy. I think it is a keeper.

nmhoneybear, I am mailing your sample today. I am double packing it, in ZIPLOC baggies, this time! Should work better.

Jenny, how is your sinus infection? any better yet?

Eccolights, Jane42...........how about it guys? Tried it yet?

I got an envelope in the mail the other day that was soaked with something. lol When I opened it up, there was a ziplock baggie with your little tart all melted throughout. :( I scraped what I could of it out and put it in the melter in my study. It had a pleasant smell, but every time I walked by the room, I thought I was smelling some kind of cleaning solution. It reminds me of something I used to use for cleaning...maybe some orange cleaner. It did smell good though. :)