pumpkin room spray!!!

kandlenutz

I have Harvest Pumpkin FO from Cierras candles and made it in room spray!!! It smells soooooo great!!! So far the scent is lasting too! I used the spray base from Candlemakers store. I made a 2 oz bottle and scented it w/ 1.5 ml of oil. I LOVE pumpkin scents, sooo just wanted to share this w/ everyone. Have a great day!

Thanks for the info. I love pumpkin scents, too! Cierra was one of the first places I ever started ordering FO from a few years ago when I began this hobby. Haven't ordered from them since then, though. Did you just mix this with Cyclo for your room spray?

I didnt mix w/ cyclo, I dont even know what that is??? I just make the room sprays for myself. I have used Lots of cierras oils. They are great oils, imo. Some of the other ones that I really like are Grandmas kitchen, super strong cider scent, this is the best cider scent I have come across. At wix end has the same and is just as good, fyi. I also like cierras blueberry cobbler, lilly of the valley, clean cotton, pink flamingo, pink grapefruit, jazzberry (this is awesome), coffee bean, hazelnut capp, capp brulee, the list goes on and on...... The only reason I started buying from there was because when I got started I had bought a bunch of stuff from someone and most of her oils came from there. If you buy $100 or more in stuff (not everything included in that) then you get free shipping! I think the only scents that didnt do as well in my wax were the carrot cake and creme brulee from there. they smell great in bottle, but I couldnt get them to throw as much as I would like, in candles that is. Tarts were ok, but still not as strong as I like.

I didnt mix w/ cyclo, I dont even know what that is??? I just make the room sprays for myself. I have used Lots of cierras oils. They are great oils, imo. Some of the other ones that I really like are Grandmas kitchen, super strong cider scent, this is the best cider scent I have come across. At wix end has the same and is just as good, fyi. I also like cierras blueberry cobbler, lilly of the valley, clean cotton, pink flamingo, pink grapefruit, jazzberry (this is awesome), coffee bean, hazelnut capp, capp brulee, the list goes on and on...... The only reason I started buying from there was because when I got started I had bought a bunch of stuff from someone and most of her oils came from there. If you buy $100 or more in stuff (not everything included in that) then you get free shipping! I think the only scents that didnt do as well in my wax were the carrot cake and creme brulee from there. they smell great in bottle, but I couldnt get them to throw as much as I would like, in candles that is. Tarts were ok, but still not as strong as I like.

So if you didn't mix it with cyclomethicone, then what did you mix it with for the spray? :confused:

I just bought the base from candlemakers store. My understanding is you didnt have to mix anything w/ that other than your FO. OOOPs!!! Good thing i was making just for myself. I will see if i can copy and paste the product info that I used. So, just as an FYI to me, what is that stuff.

Water Clear Formulation holds up to 9% of most fragrances without clouding! Excellent air dispersal when sprayed as an air freshener. No oily mess or strong odor. Easily colored with FD&C Colorants. Suggested fragrance load for Body Splash Application 3% or less, 3 to 9% by weight for use as an air freshener base. Ingredients for use in your labeling on container.

This is just some more info from the Candlemakers site, but no ingredients. I am going to email them.

"For Air Freshener Sprays you can make it stronger but try to keep it under 9%. The formula disperses completely in the air when sprayed and the fragrance is the only thing that will linger in the air, never reaching the floor. If you make it too strong, it will hang in the air and burn your eyes when you walk through where you had previously sprayed. Color (Tint slightly) with water based FD&C colors only. Do not use your oil based Candle Colors for this. Candle colors are oil based, will not mix properly, and can stain surfaces if sprayed on them."

Here is a description from MMS:

INCI: Cyclomethicone OR Cyclopentasiloxane MMS continues to work hard for our customers and cyclomethicone is the perfect example. There are a ton of cyclomethicone varieties available and MMS has chosen one, specifically cyclopentasiloxane, as the variety that will best suit our cutomers.

Cyclopentasiloxane has a higher flash point so you can ship your room sprays or perfumes on an airplane without worry. Other vendors sell a cyclomethicone that can't even ship to you via airplane! Be wary, your safety, and the safety of others, is very important. For your reference the flash point is 170 degrees F.

Cyclopentasiloxane is the perfect balance between volatility (quick drying) and spreadability. We think it is great for hair treatments, bath oils, creams and lotions, room/linen sprays, and more. Cyclopentasiloxane adds a soft, talc-like feel and is the base for superb dry perfume oils.

INCI labeling allows for the use of either name so please use the name most suited to your product and customer base.

This cyclomethicone is also known as Cyclomethicone

I have used it in body sprays and room sprays. That is why I asked. The base you used from CMS sounds interesting to me. I may have to take a look at their site. :)

wow, that just sounds confusing!! LOL I was cleaning my work room and found the pkg for the base I used for the room spray. here are the ingredients for it:

FDA approved SD alcohol, Glycerin, Propylene glycol, & benzophenone.

then they tell you to also list your FO scent and any dye you may use.

I use the room and linen spray base from CMS all the time and I love it. The price is great(16.00 per gallon I think) it doesn't have that strong alcohol smell to it and all you need to add to it is FO and lightly color it if you wish.

Most of the sprays I make with this base come out crystal clear with exception of a few....CS Smoke and odor eliminator is one that tends to cloud up a little but the scent is strong and long lasting.

I have used cyclo for room and linen sprays, and body spray and love it but its much much cheaper to use the CMS base. I like to lightly tint my sprays and cyclo wont take color, but love how it feels on my skin....sooo smooth.

I too love pumpkin scents and did make a spray with CS Pumpkin Souffle that smells so awesome.

I thought about using cs pumpkin souffle too! Its another one of my favorite pumpkin scents. I am still looking for a good spicy pumpkin. I have tried a few others, but just not what I am looking for. I will keep trying.

Ok, I am gonna try that base for sure now. I hate it when you have a room spray that leaves a residue on your floor! UGH!

Hope CMS's doesn't do that!

As for pumpkin scents, I try any and every pumpkin out there. lol Seems like the best I have found is OT's Ol' South Pumpkin Pie. But...there are still a lot of other ones that are great as well, and CS's Pumpkin Souffle is most definitely one of them.

Edited by nmhoneybear

I've never had any problems with residue on the floor with the cms base.

I have tried so many different pumpkin scents but I always come back to the CS Pumpkin Souffle.

I like spicy too and always add extra cinnamon fo to spice it up a bit more.. like maybe 3 parts pumpkin souffle to 1 part cinnamon and it smells great :)

I've been mixing 50/50 Pumpkin Souffle (CS) and Pumpkin Brulee (The Candle Source) ... I tried this combo out last fall, and my customers say they love it!

Another great seller for me (those that like a creamier pumpkin scent) is 50/50 Creme Brulee (KY) and Pumpkin Pie (KY).

I've never had any problems with residue on the floor with the cms base.

I have tried so many different pumpkin scents but I always come back to the CS Pumpkin Souffle.

I like spicy too and always add extra cinnamon fo to spice it up a bit more.. like maybe 3 parts pumpkin souffle to 1 part cinnamon and it smells great :)

I have a customer that wants a very spicy pumpkin pie. I use Tenn and it is the spiciest I have used. Added Cinnamon from WSP and didn't like it. So I figure I need a different cinnamon to test. Which cinnamon do you use to get the great smell. I have several so maybe I have it on hand, could I be so lucky.

Thanks for the info on TCS's room Spray. I can pick up from them so I try to get as much as I can. They are so nice to deal with.

Edited by Sharon in KY

Haha! Candlebuddy, you are the queen of KY blending...maybe all blending! :)

That one sounds so good. I just poured the KY Creme Brulee yesterday and it is awesome! I will have to see if I have some Pumpkin Pie to mix it with. Oh, BTW, Candle Source has a yummy Pumpkin Vanilla, too. Just thought I'd throw that in.

I've been mixing 50/50 Pumpkin Souffle (CS) and Pumpkin Brulee (The Candle Source) ... I tried this combo out last fall, and my customers say they love it!

Another great seller for me (those that like a creamier pumpkin scent) is 50/50 Creme Brulee (KY) and Pumpkin Pie (KY).

Edited by nmhoneybear

Wow, those are some great pumpkin suggestions! I LOVE pumpkin and will definatley be trying them out!! I dont have any residue on the floors when I use the room spray. I used it in my bathroom and on kitchen wood floors, no residue or film on either one. It seems to really bind/mix w/ the oil . I had just gotten some to sample and try out, but I am definatley going to get the gallon the next time I go down there and pick up my order! Thanks for all the pumpkin ideas!

I have a customer that wants a very spicy pumpkin pie. I use Tenn and it is the spiciest I have used. Added Cinnamon from WSP and didn't like it. So I figure I need a different cinnamon to test. Which cinnamon do you use to get the great smell. I have several so maybe I have it on hand, could I be so lucky.

Thanks for the info on TCS's room Spray. I can pick up from them so I try to get as much as I can. They are so nice to deal with.

I have used CS Cinnamon Stick and CMS cinnamon Stick but just recently tried Candlewics cinnamon with the pumpkin souffle and have to say I like that one the best(candlewic).

Candlewics Cinnamon smells like a true cinnamon scent to me....strong and yummy smelling so I think I'm going to stick with that one but the other 2 were great also and everyone that bought my Pumpkin Spice candles absolutly loved them :)

Candlebuddy appears to be the queen of all blending with so many great suggestions :)

I have used CS Cinnamon Stick and CMS cinnamon Stick but just recently tried Candlewics cinnamon with the pumpkin souffle and have to say I like that one the best(candlewic).

Candlewics Cinnamon smells like a true cinnamon scent to me....strong and yummy smelling so I think I'm going to stick with that one but the other 2 were great also and everyone that bought my Pumpkin Spice candles absolutly loved them :)

Candlebuddy appears to be the queen of all blending with so many great suggestions :)

I have CMS cinnamon stick, not fond of it for this mix but will try the plain cinnamon. Thanks A good thing is I have a gallon of the CMS's room spray. ...:yay:

Edited by Sharon in KY

dnj ... Candlewic carries Cinnamon and Cinnamon Stick ... I've read some great reviews about the Cinnamon ... is that the one that you're talking about?

I've used both Cinnamon Stick and Red Hot Cinnamon from CS, and like them both. I also like the Burnin' Love Cinnamon from Bluegrass Candle Supple.

And, I've definately lost my mind ... I'm constantly thinking of different combos of fragrance oils!