Question about Millcreek fragrance oils

theresa t

I got my order from Millcreek today and was reading the insert that was sent with the oils and noticed that it states to use 1.5 oz./lb of fragrance in soy wax. Normally I can get by with using 1 oz. per lb. so was just wondering for those of you that use their oils in soy (GB 415) if you use the amount they recommend of 1.5 oz or do you use 1 oz.?

I got my Cherry Lemonade, Wedding Day and Lovespell today and they smell really nice ootb, can't wait to put them in wax! I am going to check out some of the scents listed below that Candlebuddy suggested to me and VS Endless Love will be in my next order!. Thanks for the suggestions on the 3 I got, I agree that they are excellent dupes of Ynk and VS!

You should check out Millcreek Candle Supply ... www.mcsoywax.com. They are a top notch supplier; their fragrance oils are high quality. They carry Yank@@ dupes of Cherry Lemonade and Wedding Day ... VS dupes of Endless Love and Love Spell ... they also carry many BBW dupes as well. In my opinion, their dupes are excellent.

As for BBW dupes, I would suggest ...

Coconut Lime Verbena

Black Raspberry Vanilla

Japanese Cherry Blossom- this is one I am going to order (have one but it's not very strong from NG)

Juniper Breeze

Lavendar Vanilla

Moonlight Path

Water Blossom & Ivy-going to order this one

Sensual Amber

Cool Cucumber & Melon

White Tea & Ginger-going to order this one

Winter Candy Apple

Night Blooming Jasmine

I don't know what kind of wax you use; I use 6006. Millcreek tests their fo's in soy wax.

If anyone has used any of these I have listed in soy let me know what you think of them b/c I want to get my order placed in the next few days. I'm thinking about trying some of these scents:

Ynk dupes:

Buttercream

Citrus and Sage

Pineapple Paradise

Has anyone tried their Frosted Carrot Cake? Sockmonkey kind of spoiled me with her Carrot Cake so didn't know if Millcreeks even comes close to what she had.

Thanks for the help and Candlebuddy.....I really appreciate your suggestions!

I use gb415 and i dont like their lav/vanilla to me it smells fake, and the pineapple paradise barely had a hot throw for me at 1oz/lb. i had to take it up to 1.5 oz to get good throw in tarts.

i havent tried any of the other ones you listed. i have tried, lilac breeze, clothesline fresh, hillbilly homebrew, alot of the christmasy scents, i think i am missing some. but i always use 1oz/lb and they throw great. all but the pineapple paradise was not impressed with that one.

hths

Has anyone tried their Frosted Carrot Cake? Sockmonkey kind of spoiled me with her Carrot Cake so didn't know if Millcreeks even comes close to what she had.

MC's frosted carrot cake is to die for and great hot throw in 444. I've only tried a few from them but they were all good. Christmas Splendor is SUPER strong in soy. Cherry lemonade was good but I think it needed a little extra something, like more cherry scent maybe. Black raspberry & vanilla was medium strength in soy, was hoping it was stronger because it's a relly nice dupe. Great in B&B though!

FYI, their body spray base is the best I've found and the one that smells the least like alcohol.

Almost all of them you can get by with 1oz. pp. IMO, the black raspberry vanilla, pearberry you really need to use 1.5oz. pp.

Just some great throwing ones.

warm vanilla sugar --this is not a dupe & needs to be renamed. It's fruity & wicked strong.

chestnuts & brown sugar

apple jack n peel

sugar cookie mixed with spicy gingerbread for gingerbread cookies. Awesome.

just peachy mixed with strawberry jam. Both are great alone, but mixed together they are just awesome.

cozy home - kinda apple strudely to me.

lilac breeze -best seller for me year around

high cotton - strong

seaside-super strong ocean scent.

sweet orange & chili pepper -smells like sun warmed oranges on the tree to me. I don't detect the chili pepper.

Really you can't go wrong with mc's oils. I use gb415.

Thanks everyone! I am pouring the wedding day today to see how it turns out and then going to try the cherry lemonade also if I have the time. I appreciate the suggestions. Will let you all know how they turn out!

berry creme brulee is fab, wicked strong too, 1 oz per LB in soy

Others are

birthday cake

magenta nectar

butter rum crunch

carmel nut cluster

passionate kisses

fresh cut grass

sweet orange and chili pepper

sugar cookie

hillbilly homebrew

honeysuckle vine