Question, if a FO that you adored was on clearance...

mzpickles

well.. I buy mine 5 lbs at a time (at least the ones I lurve lurve lurve) because I know they work in all my products and I know I'll work through it in at least a year... it saves you the most money that way, at least with suppliers who send the jugs. I would go with at least that much if I knew it was going away, but not more than I knew I would use in a year... does that make sense? I guess because after a year I wouldnt trust it not to be skunky, however how you store it can help!!

i have bought 5 lbs..and it is almost 3 yrs old now...as i don't use it really fast..

but the first thing i did was put it in brown glass boston rounds..and put it in a card board box in my closet..

and it is still as good as the day i bought it...

but i know that not always will you have that good of luck, with them staying nice...

but if it is cheap enough , and you have the extra money, it doesn't hurt the get it..and try..

well.. I buy mine 5 lbs at a time (at least the ones I lurve lurve lurve) because I know they work in all my products and I know I'll work through it in at least a year... it saves you the most money that way, at least with suppliers who send the jugs. I would go with at least that much if I knew it was going away, but not more than I knew I would use in a year... does that make sense? I guess because after a year I wouldnt trust it not to be skunky, however how you store it can help!!

Luminous, that does make sense. They don't have it in the 5 lb jugs, just 1 lb bottles but the price is good so I may do what 8-Gran is talking about and put it in Bostons. Or I could pour it all up in candles, I wonder how long the scent would last if I did that? :cheesy2: Thanks!

Yeah but some day you're going to simply run out ... (my 5 lbs of a milk and honey scent I absolutely adore has kept just fine, except it doesn't reproduce itself.) When it's time, I will likely go to someone else and send them a couple of ounces or whatever they need and ask them to dupe it.

Yeah but some day you're going to simply run out ... (my 5 lbs of a milk and honey scent I absolutely adore has kept just fine, except it doesn't reproduce itself.) When it's time, I will likely go to someone else and send them a couple of ounces or whatever they need and ask them to dupe it.

Scented I tried to get my beloved LOL SC's Stella duped at TC. It didn 't work out for me they seemed to have gotten my sample mixed up with someone elses. The sample they sent to me 6 wks later was a stinky mix of something. Smelled nothing like what I sent them...SC's could order me 25lbs but for like $450 I wish I could afford to. It is my favorite rose scent. :sad2:

Ooo sadness. There are other suppliers who will try that ... I sent samples of FOs even to Peak (in hopes they'd find something that would work to add to their line), but I think Rhonda at Moonworks will go looking as will Brent at Tennessee. I'm just saying keep back a couple of ounces in hopes of finding someone who will dupe it.

If something goes on clearance or is being discontinued or if a supplier tends to discontinue a lot of scents all the time, I really try to stay away from that supplier, because chances are they'll discontinue what moves for me and then I'm stuck on the corner of screwed and you.

Edited by Scented

Ooo sadness. There are other suppliers who will try that ... I sent samples of FOs even to Peak (in hopes they'd find something that would work to add to their line), but I think Rhonda at Moonworks will go looking as will Brent at Tennessee. I'm just saying keep back a couple of ounces in hopes of finding someone who will dupe it.

If something goes on clearance or is being discontinued or if a supplier tends to discontinue a lot of scents all the time, I really try to stay away from that supplier, because chances are they'll discontinue what moves for me and then I'm stuck on the corner of screwed and you.

Exactly! Thanks for the info.

I'd probably go with 5 pounds as well. I feel like that's enough to keep me personally stocked on the fragrance for a long time.

I know you don't sell yet so that's probably not as bif of an issue.

I probably wouldn't pour it all in candles. You may change your wax, container and many other things and wish you didn't have all your oil "tied up" so to speak.