Anyone tried wood wicks with palm?

Hi Sabrina

I have played around with wood wicks a little in GG. They do work much better than in soy, however it is quite a large flame. I have only had the large and medium to try so perhaps they would work better using the small size.

This was in a 16 oz apothecary jar.

Thanks so much, I just ordered some samples and will try them in both soy and palm.

I ordered the three sizes but maybe the large isn't really necessary.

Why are there two part of different heights in these wicks? Or did I see bad the pics? It seems they are two pieces of wood put together.

TIA

Thank you very much, I have still to decide about which container I should use, as with everything it's not so simple to test containers I should buy very large quantities GRRRRR!!! so, I'm doing a research for a nice tumbler, something unique in case I can make those wicks work.

The large size seems very large, but anyway I'm waiting a few of each kind so I will see myself!! Thanks again!

Sabrina, I don't understand the picture either because that is nothing like what I have received. The picture implies that one piece of wood is smaller than the other, in both width and height. But all the wicks I've received the two parts of the wick have both been about the same size, and look sloppily glued together. Even the wicks directly from the patent-holder are like this.

Sabrina, I don't understand the picture either because that is nothing like what I have received. The picture implies that one piece of wood is smaller than the other, in both width and height. But all the wicks I've received the two parts of the wick have both been about the same size, and look sloppily glued together. Even the wicks directly from the patent-holder are like this.

Hi Jonsie, did you order them at unity wooden wicks? I did. Or, better said, from their reseller in UK.

I don't understand that picture too, I thought it was just one piece of wood. Two pieces it could be something related to a functional matter, but the diffrent heights are puzzling me. Did you write to the supplier just to ask?

TIA

Hi Jonsie, did you order them at unity wooden wicks? I did. Or, better said, from their reseller in UK.

Sabrina, I ordered them directly from Unity. No improvement in quality.

I don't understand that picture too, I thought it was just one piece of wood.
The WoodWick candles that made me fall in love with the wooden wicks are made using a wick of just one piece of wood. So I was surprised by these Unity wicks with the two pieces of wood.
Two pieces it could be something related to a functional matter, but the diffrent heights are puzzling me. Did you write to the supplier just to ask?

TIA

I didn't write them. I had ordered these wicks from another supplier and got the same quality/style wick. Yup, a bit discouraging!

Thank you very much, did you test them already?

I'm a bit concerned about the two parts "sloppily glued together"....

I ordered the ones from unity because they have a reseller in UK so shipping is not a killer and no customs to pay too.

I'll test them, I hope they will work!

Every wood wick I have gotten has been 2 glued together. But like you said the containers in the stores with the wood wicks are one thin wood wick. If this company is what it claims the originator of the wood wick and the maker for all the "big" companies then why the differences?

Every wood wick I have gotten has been 2 glued together. But like you said the containers in the stores with the wood wicks are one thin wood wick. If this company is what it claims the originator of the wood wick and the maker for all the "big" companies then why the differences?
I think Unity is only claiming the patent on 2-stick wooden wicks sold retail to us home crafters. And I don't believe they make the wooden wick used in the WoodWick candles, but that's just a guess. I also have no idea who makes the single-stick or how to get my hands on them.

The wood wick from unity just got here some minutes ago.

They are odd to look at and not particularly fascinating, with the second small wick glued to the other.

I wil give them a try as soon as I can, I'm just too curious about the burn.

• 4 months later...

I've not tried to use them personally.

I purchased a candle at a street fair that was Palm with a wooden wick. I'm going to make a guess based on appearance that they got their Palm from S&P-- thats the look it had.

Got it home and lit it. Never before have I been AFRAID to leave a candle alone. It was a flame thrower! Within 10 minutes, it had seriously tunneled and was drowning out. I've never seen anything like it.

Of course, may have been a case of a bad chandler. No labels on the jars (using the Interlude jars). They gave me a business card but it got lost somehow (was looking for it to warn them about the flamethrower). Candle was ROUGH looking on the top.

I'mma scared of the wood wicks now!!

What are the advantages of a wood wick?
About the ONLY advantage of the wood wick is the sound they make when burned. It might be a light crackle, but no guarantees.

And as I've said in another thread, palm and wood wicks are a bad combination. At least the Unity wood wicks are bad in palm, I haven't tested the BCN wood wicks yet.