I tried HP again...

Its been forever and a day (at least a few years!) since I've done HP so I did two batches the other week, just did them in my crock pot's ceramic container but in the oven at 175... man I forgot how nice it is to be able to cut and use right away! I might do alot more HP this year for the holiday rush so I dont have to plan quite so far in advance.

I made shaving bars, added 1 tbsp clay PP.

They've been drying out for about 10 days now... I'm officially hooked on shaving bars.

(Sorry the pics are so big, the thing wont let me resize. grr)

The green is Cucumber Aloe, my husband is going CRAZY over this scent! I like it too.. but not as much as him, lol. He used it this weekend with his shaving brush and said its the best shave hes ever had, so he says he wont shave ever again without using a shaving soap with clay.

29852_426413514415_326597294415_5478165_2796417_n.jpg

29852_426413539415_326597294415_5478167_4421768_n.jpg

The grey and pink (darn marbling didnt work out the way I wanted, but oh well!) Is a blend I'm calling "Beachy Keen" its a hint of suntan lotion, a hint of pina colada, and its mellowed with a bit of sea/ocean. It smells like laying on the beach to me, fruity drinks- sun, and sunscreen! So yummy.

29852_426413579415_326597294415_5478172_7214554_n.jpg

29852_426413594415_326597294415_5478173_5369795_n.jpg

Looks beautiful! I love the name of your beach scent. Shaving soap is on my list to try. My husband really, really wants me to make some! I actually love the look of HP soap. I like the rustic quality. Gives it more of a handmade, upscale look to me -- something you'd find at an expensive boutique -- if that makes sense. I'm sure you'll have no problems selling those bars!

Oooh let us know how it goes, its so nice, I wasnt sure how big of a difference it was going to make in the soap but its so creamy and the lather is so nice and thick, it really does make a huge diff!

I'm going to make some facial soap with it next week with some carrot seed oil, goats milk, and tea tree

Add in clay, I used bentonite, but you can use any clay I think, like Kaolin. it makes a really dense thick lather, and it adds slip for the razor. You can do it with MP too, its just harder to blend the clay in without lumpies.

I ALWAYS get those horrible red irritated hair follicles any time I shave my legs, but with this I didnt get a single one! My husbands face is the smoothest its ever been too. I’m officially convinced! I’m going to have my friend who’s in town help me take some pics tomorrow… we’re going to lather up one arm with clay soap and the other with regular to show the difference in the lather

Add in clay, I used bentonite, but you can use any clay I think, like Kaolin. it makes a really dense thick lather, and it adds slip for the razor. You can do it with MP too, its just harder to blend the clay in without lumpies.

I ALWAYS get those horrible red irritated hair follicles any time I shave my legs, but with this I didnt get a single one! My husbands face is the smoothest its ever been too. I’m officially convinced! I’m going to have my friend who’s in town help me take some pics tomorrow… we’re going to lather up one arm with clay soap and the other with regular to show the difference in the lather

Can you post the photos of shaving soap and store bought shaving cream? It would be really interesting to see a comparison.

Can you post the photos of shaving soap and store bought shaving cream? It would be really interesting to see a comparison.

Yep will do! we probably wont get around to it today since we ended up having ourselves a few drinkypoos in the sun, lol.. but when I do them I will for sure!