Cute Bee Jar from Candle Making Supplies

Hi,

Has anyone used this jar???? It is so cute and I ordered it today. My question is what wick to use? Here are the specs:

Description: The smaller 12 oz. size measures 4 1/4" W at the base, 2 1/2" W at the neck and 4 1/2" high.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions due to the size change. I have been using 51-32-18 on my jelly jars. Think this would work??

beejar.gif

I too purchased those jars. I only had time to make and test one, which didn't do well. I started with a 60z (all I had on hand was 44z, 52z, and 60z) and that wick was way too small. I haven't yet had to time to play with them anymore and I am waiting for my wick sampler pack to come in. I will post should I find a wick that does well. :)

I have a case of these jars in the larger size. I tried at least 10 different wicks. The best so far is an Lx26 or 28. Still some hang up. But with the odd size I don't think there will be a complete burn. Also if you are using J223, watch for tunnels. Because of odd size - narrow opening - the jar cooled strange. Huge tunnel one half to one inch under smooth top. Poke Poke Poke. Also required a repour. Good Luck :yay:

Those jars do look very cute, but wouldn't more heat be retained towards the bottom once the wax melted around that level? Wouldn't it crack the glass? I am assuming that the candle would not burn correctly...am I incorrect?

I'm guessing that to wick properly for the bottom portion of the jar you will have ALOT of smoking and soot at the top of the jar. If you wick for the top portion you will have loads of left over wax in the bottom. I really like my straight sided jars. :)

Hem06,

this is the link for the jars http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname=Other+Jars&product%5Fid=BEEJ%2DS

I think they are really cute. never used them. I think wicking is going to be a problem so I think I am going to use them for wickless candles and sell them with a candle warmer. I may try wicking one and see how it does. Let me know if you get them and what your results are.

Heidi

I remember seeing a post on the B&B thread quite some time ago of some cute bars of soap made with a honeycomb pattern. I can see these jars as a companion to those soaps, filled with bath salts or something of that nature. Very cute!

I purchased one of these from a local store (just to see how it would burn), but I trimmed the wick too close and it hastn't burnt right since. I even tried melting some of the wax down and the wick stuck out further and it still wouldn't stay burning. I think I will just melt down the whole candle and put some bath salts or something else in it!

They are cute, but I agree with the other posters, they would be very difficult to wick.

Steph