Lavender Rose Cupcakes (Swap Spoiler Alert)

JacquiO Those are beautiful, now my question is how long do you thing they last. The reason I am asking is I have a big show coming up in August and I like to make some of them. :)

Van_Yulay may have the answer because she's the one I got the recipe from. I think you would treat them like bath bombs. Wrap them in tissue paper and store in a dark dry place or airtight container. I'll be honest mine get used too quickly so I don't get to keep them around very long. As long as you don't expose them to too much moisture I think they'll last a while.

JacquiO Those are beautiful, now my question is how long do you thing they last. The reason I am asking is I have a big show coming up in August and I like to make some of them. :)

WTG Jacqui love them!

Sherry.. mine last about 3 months before I will use them myself or toss them. I keep them in airtight containers once they are dry (I give them three weeks to fully dry). I based my recipe off Van_Yulay's recipe but it has no milk powder and no water. After about 3 months they start to lose their scent on the outside. They still smell great once they start to foam, but thats about the max for mine.

I never had any luck with regular bath bombs, I couldn't imagine doing something this pretty. They look fabulous.

Are they time consuming to make?

Lisa

They take 2 days to make but only because the cupcake bomb part has to harden before piping on the icing. As far as time to take making - once your ingredients are weighed and combined you have to work quickly to mold them before it dries out so they really don't take that long. Less than an hour. Same pretty much for the icing the following day.

Personally I think they are easier to make than the round bath bombs which for some reason I can never get the two halves to stick together after the first 2 or 3.

If you want to try to make them just check out Van_Yulay's class in the tutorial section. The only thing I recommend is halving her recipes to start. You have to get used to pressing the bombs into the cupcake pan quickly and it's easier to work with the half recipe while practicing.

Edited by JacquiO

• 1 month later...