The Candlemakers Store FO suggestions

ah-soy

Darbla, I just placed an order for the Pumpkin Hollow. You have piqued my interest. Here's what I got to try:

Pumpkin Hollow

Cranberry Woods

Apple Creek

Fig & Olive (there is a description on this one, sounds soooo good! I hope it's skin safe)

Peach Clove (want to try a blend with this one!)

I'm testing 'Pumpkin Hollow' right now and it is so far a winner. I rounded a corner into the large room it's burning in and it pleasantly surprised me. I have been having heck getting anything to throw lately for multiple reasons (flippin' soy wax I'm unfamiliar with, air conditioning, drafts, candle nose, etc.). It might have just a touch of butteriness to it, but no spices and no sugar. If more of you people would test this we might find we have a winner in the "plain pumpkin" department! Get cracking!!!:whip:

Darbla, sorry forgot to get back to you. the Weathered Crow has more of a soft vanilla in it, but can't make out the other fragrances. I was just looking at Pumpkin Hollow this afternoon and almost poured it.....there's always tomorrow.

Did you get your order yet? I am putting together one. Like Darbla, I too have never met a pumpkin I didn't like. lol Pumpkin Hollow is first on my list! Thinking about ordering one of the sampler packs. At $14.99, it makes the one ozers $1.50 a piece. Sounds like my kind of deal. :)

Darbla, I just placed an order for the Pumpkin Hollow. You have piqued my interest. Here's what I got to try:

Pumpkin Hollow

Cranberry Woods

Apple Creek

Fig & Olive (there is a description on this one, sounds soooo good! I hope it's skin safe)

Peach Clove (want to try a blend with this one!)

Did you get your order yet? I am putting together one. Like Darbla, I too have never met a pumpkin I didn't like. lol Pumpkin Hollow is first on my list! Thinking about ordering one of the sampler packs. At $14.99, it makes the one ozers $1.50 a piece. Sounds like my kind of deal. :)

Got them in this morning. I'll come post later on OOB reviews on them. I need to let them get to room temp before I judge the smells.

I find that oils smell different once they cool off from being in the heat (the bottles are way hot!). Once they get to room temp, I'll be able to smell more notes.

When I was test burning mine, a friend was over and I asked him waht he thought about the candle I was testing. He said he had no sense of smell, but then a few minutes later he said he could smell that. I'll test it again this weekend after it's had another week of curing.

In a way after playing with it now, no matter how much I like it I'm not sure other people/customers would be that turned on by a plain pumpkin scent, but blending possibilities are great!

Edited by Darbla

Here are my OOB reviews for the ones I just got in:

Pumpkin Hollow- great pumpkin smell... But I do smell heavy spice. Not unique at all to me, smells like any regular pumpkin FO.

Darbla... does more pumpkin than spice come out more in your candle?

You would think with all the people who are looking for straight pumpkin, that eventually a supplier would come out with one!

Apple Creek- Smells like regular apple cider, heavy on the spice.

Cranberry Woods- smells like cranberry with a slight green note, but I detect no woods OOB.

Peach Clove- Whoa. Heavy on the clove, light on the peach. But I really think this would make a wonderful blender...

Fig & Olive- Very green and fresh. I smell fig leaves... fresh fig leaves.

Velvet Tuberose type- Does not smell like BBW type. I have no clue what it smells like. I smell powder and.... roses? No tuberose scent at all.

Total letdown.

Nope. I get no spice from 'Pumpkin Hollow'. I do have other pumpkin spice type FOs that I very much detect the spice, but not this one. This is after a week's cure in wax. It is going to be different OOB.

Another friend was over today and said she loved it. Said she could smell it down the hall before she got to the room it was burning in.

Some other supplier has a 'Perfect Pumpkin' you might look into,but I can't remember who it is.

Edited by Darbla

Honeydew Melon

Gain Type

Coco Chanel Mademoiselle are the only ones I have used so far. The coco chanel I got for B&B products. I sold out of the Gain candles over the weekend and it smells sooo good. I did just get a new scent today but don't have the time to fool with it right now... Niagara Falls Mist. Anyone tried this scent?