Venting . . ugh

GRRRRR - I honestly cannot believe how many different organizations have hit me up for donations this year already. Not that I mind don't get me wrong, BUT my latest request came from our local school who is currently selling YANKME candles for a whole school fundraiser AND they know of my business (obviously, they want donations). They have fundraising packets from my business that offers a higher profit margin and I periodically follow up with the administrative office inquiring of upcoming events. My candles have a significantly higher scent throw and burn clean and I have a high customer base from teachers and the staff, not to mention a large local customer base. It just grinds my @ss so I venting here. Sorry if I am out of line releasing my frustration ! I am half tempted not to donate . . .but most likely tomorrow I will have calmed down and will just for my business name sake. Sheesh :rolleyes2

I can understand your frustration. What gets me is knowing you are in their area why wouldn't they buy local? I did a fundraiser last fall for the National Junior Honor Society & The Wresting Pee Wee league-which I was very excited about. The thing that cracked me up was parents that I thought would purchase didn't.

I think it is a good thing to buy local and support your own area. Then I thought maybe they didn't want me to profit...lol but that probably isn't the issue.

Yep, I even had a leader of the group I was having the fundraiser with ask for a donation! Like giving them 1/2 wasn't enough! All that time and hard work, they just don't understand that by doing the fundraiser they are already making more than me and than all that time and hard work on top of it- well, I said to her "If you want to give your profits to the organization instead of going towards your trip (or whatever) you can..." I think she understood then, and was a little embarressed. Did she even think before she asked that- I don't think so!

I think it is a good thing to buy local and support your own area.

EXACTLY . . ! To add icing to the cake I have had my customers ask me why is my kids selling the Yankme candles, we aren't buying we only buy yours. :rolleyes2 I don't understand . .

If one of our kids were put in that position, I would probably donate $30..lol and say-there is the profit he/she would have given you...but I wouldn't sell nor buy...probably bratty, but people in my area know I sell...and do fundraisers...so they should know better. lol

I tried for years to get our schools interested in fundraising my candles. Couldn't get through the clique. The same people were involved in all groups fundraising. They griped about needing help; but whenever people would volunteer, they shut them out. They did the same old fundraisers every year and each year got less and less sales. Were not interested in looking at other alternatives. I very rarely run into anyone selling something anymore...and I'd like to buy to help. If they are missing me, how many others are they missing?

Do you know what $ or % they earn on each Y candle? Can you find out how many they sold after the fundraiser is over? If so, you could do a side by side comparison and maybe the info in front of their face will open their eyes.

Trudi

If one of our kids were put in that position, I would probably donate $30..lol and say-there is the profit he/she would have given you...but I wouldn't sell nor buy...probably bratty, but people in my area know I sell...and do fundraisers...so they should know better. lol

Since your business is known to those involved, I think it's pretty rude to ask your child to sell. That's just :shocked2: I agree with Becky. I did a boatload of fundraising while I was teaching and would have never put anyone in that position.

Pretty rude asking you for a donation as well after deciding to sell "those" other candles. Bless their ignorant hearts.