Me! Bath - Bath Ice Cream

I was doing a little browsing on the web for bath bomb supplies and stumbled across the Me! Bath company...Their bath bombs are "ice cream" and costs a whopping $8.95 each and are said to take 3 days to make each one...I searched on the entire website and could not find the ingredients listed anywhere....I am really interested in trying to make it and would hate to pay $8.95 plus shipping for one...Has anyone else seen this or has the recipe?

www.mebath.com

birthdaycake.jpg

I call BS that it takes 3 days to make.. but then again, they dont list ingredients (which confounds me, because we are required to by the FDA, and what if someone is allergic to an ingredient?) so... i dont know. might not be a bath bomb, might be something entirely different. My bath bombs take 3 days to DRY but thats certainly not "taking three days to custom make" thats... taking one hour to custom make and three days to... custom dry? :laugh2:

It does say its shipping weight is .6 pounds, so its probably at least 6oz, shipping materials cant be that much more.

Am I reading correctly that they ask 15.00 for ONE bath bomb?

http://mebath.com/hawaiian-lei-p-482.html

This website is kinda rediculous. Beautiful, and it totally draws you in... but no ingredients, and not descriptive at all. Then again, how much description is really needed for the average customer who just goes "ooh pretty!"

Gotta give them props for creating a brand for themselves... I wouldnt order from them without an ingredient list though

Thanks for the feedback...I too wonder how in the world are they able to get away without properly listing the ingredients....I watched a Youtube video and the owners were apart of the "Big Deal" show and stated that the started out with a $200 investment and a few years later are grossing around 6 million a year!!!! :shocked2: Their prices are super high, and I guess its the pretty packaging and the marketing idea that people are buying into....

I saw their ad on facebook so became a fan. Then got a coupon for 30% off at their site.

If anyone wants to try their stuff let me know and I will share the coupon.

:yay:

Looks neat, but prices seem high. I can't afford a 15.00 bath ;) That is what one ice cream bath bomb plus shipping would probably cost me. Yikes!! If it made me look years younger.. well I might consider ;):laugh2:

Sodium Bicarbonate

Citric Acid

Sea Salts

Sucrose

Magnesium Sulfate

Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil

Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (certified organic)

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (certified organic)

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (certified organic)

Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil

Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil

Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil

Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Nut Oil

Fragrance/Parfum

Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate

May contain: Blue 1, Red 33, Red 40, Violet 2, Yellow 5 or Yellow 6

Here is the list that I was sent when I inquired

@ Adirondack - thank you so much for sharing the info, theirs seem to have sooo much more oil than my recipes call for. No wonder why theirs are $8.00+!!! I agree too about the $50,000 bath - that would be a small house in the city I live in, heck, I'd probably get a foreclosed condo near the beach for that down here!!!

cool Adirondak, thanks for sharing..

So yeah, sounds pretty standard. Even with all those oils (of which there is not a ton of per bomb, theres only so much oil you can use in your recipe, KWIM) Its just a bath bomb. So IMO its certainly NOT worth 8.00, especially considering how many they probably sell.. and they dont use sea salt... they use epson salts, (Magnesium Sulfate), so again, not that expensive of an ingredient..

but like Lush, you're buying a brand... I say good for them for getting people to pay it! I'm sure they worked really hard for the brand. If I could get 8.00 for a bath bomb I would too, lol.. we all can dream

I bought one of these from my friends store a few years ago. I usually don't spend that kind of money on bath bombs but it was before I knew what they were and how to make them myself. The minute I saw them, I had to have one. They had them displayed unwrapped in these big beautiful jars in a self serve set up. They had these cute little bags to put them in and inside was a little card listing all these pampering ingredients, tellin me how much I deserved it. It worked, I convinced myself that I needed it and didn't care what the price was : ) I expected it to be phenomenal, but was really disappointed when I actually used it, it was nothing special at all. I will say, it was really pretty though and that's what sold me on it plus like I said it was before I knew all about bath bombs and the whole concept sounded so cool to me at the time.

You're absolutely right, it's the marketing for sure.

What made me kind of sad though is that when I watched the YouTube bid when they were on Big Deal they said they were skiing and saw a place with a line around the corner and wondered what the product was..then just thought they could make it too..looked up some recipes and then started making them to sell..

I felt like they saw dollar signs before even loving what they do..I dunno I guess it really doesn't matter..

I bought one of these from my friends store a few years ago. I usually don't spend that kind of money on bath bombs but it was before I knew what they were and how to make them myself. The minute I saw them, I had to have one. They had them displayed unwrapped in these big beautiful jars in a self serve set up. They had these cute little bags to put them in and inside was a little card listing all these pampering ingredients, tellin me how much I deserved it. It worked, I convinced myself that I needed it and didn't care what the price was : ) I expected it to be phenomenal, but was really disappointed when I actually used it, it was nothing special at all. I will say, it was really pretty though and that's what sold me on it plus like I said it was before I knew all about bath bombs and the whole concept sounded so cool to me at the time.

You're absolutely right, it's the marketing for sure.

Sounds like something I'd do! I am a total sucker for packaging. I probably would never buy one online because I wouldn't go looking for it but might be more likely if I was in the store and gave in to impulse buying. At least I might have before I started learning about this craft! They are adorable.

Ah, come on guys! Did you not read where they state: "A large portion of the proceeds from each sale of The Eighth Continent will be donated to a selected charity that helps to provide clean water to disadvantaged third world countries." :rolleyes2

http://themostexpensivebath.com/

For that price they better fly me (and some friends) to some exotic spa for the ultimate bath experience!

Off to tell hubby to start saving his pennies! :laugh2:

50k for a bath bomb.... ummm yeah right i bet they sell alot of those *snickers*

no marketing, free give-away, or charity donation could convince me to buy a bath bomb for that price, i can donate the 50k to a charity and take a bath with my own dang bath bomb LOL

I don't care how many oils and exotic herbs and salts they list that they use. If it's a bath bomb the majority of material you are purchasing is baking soda and citric acid. Those oils and butters are about 2-3% of the total weight. The high sticker price is for the marketing.

I just started making bath bomb cupcakes and they take 2-4 days to make but most of that time is just waiting to dry-out between the cupcake base, the icing and then packaging and I feel guilty charging $4.50 for one even though I've seen them on etsy and other websites for a much as $9.95 a piece.