Excel testers 2 New thread

OK! I had to start a new thread I was get confused with the first thread

Anyway I made 4 jars I heated the CBXl to 180 same scent same color different pour temp the two jars were pour @ 120 and the next two @ 110 I pour them last night about 16 hrs ago The two that I pour @ 120 are staring to frost and the two @ 110 no sings of frost yet my containers were at room temp and left them on the counter to set up I will take some pictures when they are at 48 hrs and keep my hands cross no frosting Autumn Meadow I thing maybe you got something there with the pour temp I let you know :)

The 110 pour temp has given us no frosting on any of the candles so far. Just watch using a heat gun, that is causing frosting on the tops.

MarisAMTC I would like to apologize for not explaining my self better I was not trying to take the thread away from you and Autumn meadow I was

trying to tell you that I fallow exactly your partners instructions and it work like a charm with the CBXL pouring at 110 what I was trying to tell you the thread got to big and some new people get confuse like me So again don't take it the wrong way:wink2:

Ok, I received my Excel wax and tested today.

I did 4 different size candles, 1.5oz, 3oz, 8oz & 16oz

Heated to 190 then poured at 150.

All look great, so far no frosting, JUST a sink hole (seen in pic) in the 16oz.

Will wait a few days and burn and then let you know what happens.

3oz

100_0316.jpg

1.5oz

100_0315.jpg

8oz

100_0318.jpg

16oz

100_0317.jpg

Is that the 16oz smooth sided mason....if so that's the jar I use and that sinkhole looks familiar :laugh2:....I also ordered some Xcel to test and would love to resolve that ...I think it will be more difficult with a taller jar like this

Thanks Keri for the confirmation....do you mind me asking what wick size you're starting with? I usually use an ECO8 or 10 in that jar in C3 soy but based on what the NGI site says Xcel will be more like an ECO6 which is probably close because I just begin testing CBA in that jar using an ECO10 and it had a full MP in an hour using Pumpkin Souffle FO....big difference from C3...

kountrytimes, Just a suggestion try pouring the 16oz at a lower temp and see what happens. Maybe 130 or 125 . I poured mine at 120-125 in 8oz jj.

What fragrance are you using in these and what wick? Did you use any addirive? They look great. Keep us posted. :yay:

Edited by soy327

Is that the 16oz smooth sided mason....if so that's the jar I use and that sinkhole looks familiar :laugh2:....I also ordered some Xcel to test and would love to resolve that ...I think it will be more difficult with a taller jar like this

Off the topic.. but where are you all getting your plain sided 16oz masons?

Why don't you try for scent throw right away? I make on demand by orders, and can not wait for scents to cure. Does this wax say it must cure first?

I get mine at Candles and Supplies....I'm with you on pouring and burning asap....often I have to pour to order and want to know that they're going to throw....I should have my Xcel tomorrow and will begin testing....really want to get rid of that sink hole...repouring and heating with the heatgun is so time consuming plus add to the chances of frost.

kountrytimes, Just a suggestion try pouring the 16oz at a lower temp and see what happens. Maybe 130 or 125 . I poured mine at 120-125 in 8oz jj.

What fragrance are you using in these and what wick? Did you use any addirive? They look great. Keep us posted. :yay:

For the 1.5oz & 3oz I used Papercore 34-24 wicks

8oz I used papercore 51-32-18 wicks

16oz I used papercore 60-44-18 wicks

I forgot to order different wicks so decided to try these to see how they do.

I used Wedding Day scent in all.

Will let everyone know how they burn in a few days.

• 1 month later...

Hello all! I have been experimenting with the new Excel wax, right now I have been trying to figure out the wicks. Alot of people suggested the CD wicks and I have tried them but did not like them. They curled way too much for me and I just did not like them. Now I am test burning some with the LX wicks in them. I have used and LX-14, 16, and 18 in 8oz jj. The LX 14 was too small and tunnelled, the 16 and 18 both burned nicely but the scent throw is very weak... But I was really happy with the way they burned.

At least when I used the CD wicks the throw was a bit stronger. Any suggestions on how to strengthen the throw? Will the throw be stronger if I let it cure longer? I really prefer to stay away from the CD wicks, but I have never used the CDN's and I have heard some good things about them...do you think these would work better than the CD or LX in this wax? Please help!

I did all my tests with the excel and make my decision I am chancing to

Excel wax it is good with hot and cold throw and color and no frosting if you pour at the right temp and I do not warm my jars and last I do not cover my jars I live them on the counter:) And most important I can locally pick it up

:yay:

that is great to know, so you were happy with the hot throw.. that was one thing that i saw from another tester, they that said the hot throw wasn't as good? you might really like the cdn wick.. it doesn't curl as much... so you may want to try the cdn 8 for that size... just by nature sells them...