Starville Creme Brulee

aviator girl

Okay I am test burning my starville creme brulee and it is very good. Just as advertised!

OOB I thought it might have some chocolate in it but I am not picking up on that wtih the HT. I actually kind of think it smells similar to BC creme brulee. I am not testing them side by side but just based on my thought of theirs that was my initial thought? Anyone tried both and think the same thing?

So I am retarded. I poured 3 creme brulee candles to compare and guess what. The one I thought was starville was actually BC. No wonder I thought they smelled the same. Good to know that my nose knows the difference I guess! I am going to test the starville one out now to see how it burns!:laugh2:

I actually thought it wasn't that strong. I used 6006 with a little extra ez soy added in. I did it at 6% though. I poured another one and upped the fo to 1.5 oz/per pound. It has a good CT. Haven't burned the new one yet as I am still letting it cure. I'll let you know what I think.

I have heard such good things about it that it could be that I have candle nose since I have been pouring a lot lately, it's just not throwing well in my wax or I didn't let it cure quite long enough- I think I gave it 4-5 days before I burned it.

I'll keep you updated.

I made melts with it in my parasoy blend and wasn't too impressed. I've tested four Creme Brulees so far and the best for me has actually been Lonestar's. It was the first one I tested and I liked it, but I heard such great things about KY's, BCN's, and especially Starville's that I had to test those too, but my first was definitely the best! Maybe it just doesn't do well in soy?

Wow, my 9oz goes 2 stories. It has been our top seller for 5 years. I sell it in cases to so many people. I had a store last week order 5 cases of it only. That is the one they run her out of. I use 1.5 in soy and you can't beat it. I am sorry it doesn't do that for you. Wow. It is also Starrville's top seller. I love Lone Stars too, but I don't sell very many of those. Everyone is different. Strange hugh:confused:

I usually find that creme brulee's throw well and don't need as much cure time so I am going to give it a few days before I say it isn't working. I agree that I have heard so many good things about it. I really expected it to be "the one". The CT on the one that I poured at 1.5 oz is nice though. I think I'll burn it tonight and see what I think. Maybe this one just needed a little extra FO to make it "wow".

I really want to love it so I am not giving up on it yet!:cheesy2:

Debra how long do you let yours cure for?

Well I bought 8 ounces of it to try since it got such great reviews. I am going to pour some more tonight and see what I think. I originally poured it in a 11 oz tureen double wicked with 2 zinc 44's. I have been playing with the cd's so I'll pour that tonight to see how it throws after it cures for a few days. I also use the 6006 with a 15% ezsoy mixed in.

I am also going to let a couple friends burn the one I poured at 1.5 oz/lb and see what they think. I am starting to think I have candle nose from pouring too much lately.

I know DS gets good reviews too and the forbidden pomegranate was awesome and throws like crazy but a few of the others I burned I didn't smell too much. I think my nose needs a break!:D

Edited by aviator girl

I know everyone loves this in candles, but does anyone use it in melts? I have found that some fragrances that perform well in candles, don't always necessarily perform the same way in melts; they tend to smell strong at first, but the FO burns off too fast. Perhaps with candles this isn't an issue since you're not melting the whole thing at once. Maybe that is the issue here as I have only used this in melts...:undecided

I use starville creme brulee in tarts it is very strong, but to me somehow it is missing that burnt caramel note I really like that peaks and also CS has in their versions. What I usually do is mix Peaks or CS with the Starville which gives me an awesome smelling and super stong creme brulee. Hope this helps