huge presto pot..

latch

does anyone know if they make a huge fry daddy?

it seems one year for the holidays i saw a really big preto pot fry daddy thing to fry turkeys in a t wally world for like 80.00? any one seen these. i just keep buying presto pots, have 3 right now. have 600 candles to make in next 2 weeks and looking for a more time consuming method?

Eugenia mentioned to me...and I'm going to get one...an indoor electric turkey fryer by Masterbuilt called Turk 'n Surf. It has a thermostat and a spigot already on there and holds 28 quarts. I roughly figure that will hold over 50lbs of wax. I was trying to find one locally, but haven't had much luck so I think I'll be ordering online...

Thanks for the heads up on QVC, Candle Man! That is by far the cheapest I've seen and I've been looking for weeks!!

I ordered one today, can't wait to get it...if it's as good as I think, I'll be getting another one! LOL

I saw one of those at GanderMountain and Dunham Sports in my area. I remember thinking they would be great to melt wax, but I believe that it has an inside metal liner that comes out and it would be difficult to drill a hole in it and put a spigot in. I hope I am wrong...keep us all posted and if it works I am sure we will all be getting them!!!

it would be difficult to drill a hole in it and put a spigot in.

The Turk 'n Surf already has a spigot on there...for draining the oil after you fry!

I ordered yesterday and the estimated delivery date is the 16th...I sure hope it shows up sooner than that! I will definitely let everyone know if it's worth it or not.

for those who have the masterbuilt turkey fryers, i got one from albertsons locally, i am not sure i have the right one, it has the heating element inside the pot where you put the wax in, is that right. i thought it was more like a presto pot. it says gourmet turkey fryer, not turk n fry or whatever...

i was about to start pouring for a large fundraiser, but i need to know if this is what everybody is using.

tia

I have two of the electric turkey fryers by Masterbuilt, and yes that is correct that the heating element is inside the pot. Of course you just have to use common sense when heating it up. I use a blend of two waxes and it pot has its own individual wax so I usually set the heating degrees different on both pots. It holds alot of wax and makes life so much easier when you are busy pouring. Nice thing too is that the outside of the pot is just warm (not hot like Presto Pot) so if you have little ones around, you don't have to worry about them and their little hands. I've had mine for about 1 year now and wouldn't do this without them. If I can answer any other questions about them, please let me know and I'll try and help.

Shelley

I got my Turk n Surf today...quickly taking it out of the box, put it together and throw some slabs of wax in...

Thermostat was set below 200 and within a few minutes, I saw flames! :shocked2:

Okay, unplugged it, took it outside, took some of the wax slabs out and turned the temp down. I think it was too much at once, because once the half slab melted and the heating element was covered, it's doing fine. It was a bit scary though for a minute. Live and learn. Thought I would mention this before anyone tried to catch their house on fire.

Start slowly! Don't be hasty like me!! ROFLMAO

I just stuck the slabs in there, not in the "basket" that comes with it for frying...it might've helped for the first time though.

I'm loving it already though. I melted 30lbs of wax quite quickly and just poured 4 cases of 10 and 16oz apothecary jars in less than 30 minutes. I've been using two prestos and it felt like sooo much quicker tonight than normal.

I'm interested to see what happens tomorrow when I turn it on to melt the wax that has cooled...hopefully no flames! LOL