My Sweatshirt & Show Update!

prairieannie

Just thought I'd post a picture of one of the sweatshirts I had made for my show this weekend...The lady who made these and two aprons for me couldn't get the angel in my logo to download properly on her machine, so she asked if she could use another one and promised it would be cute LOL. It will work!

sbjsweatshirt.jpg

Also snapped a pic of the ONLY little display area I get at this show..this has a few other peeps products on it too (the towel thing and whatever is hanging on the sides) The rest of my stuff is intermingled with everyone else's stuff..not sure I like it this way, but I definately have learned something from my first go around with this show business. It has been a nightmare..I was supposed to be the ONLY person there selling candles, and there are THREE!! I'm not happy, but again..live and learn. Never again with this particular show..I'm on the hunt for bigger and better now!

daysofhollydisplayo1.jpg

Thanks everyone..yep, I was definately the only one there with my biz name on my shirt..I got a lot of compliments on that, and it helped a bit I think in promoting myself. Today's portion of the show went a whole lot better than I had planned, I sold out of some stuff, and sold a LOT of gift baskets. The other thing that I sold a ton of was room freshener sprays.. every once in awhile I would go spray one, and every time I did that folks bought!! I was supposed to be the only person there with candles and lotion, but there were two others who had both. I thought this would hurt me big, but I think the damage was minimal, especially after I tried the goat lady's lotion and it was awful greasy, so I pulled out a tester, and took it around the room a few times, and it sold itself..I wish I would have had more of it there dammit! One lady who had candles there admitted to me that she buys them wholesale, doesn't make them LOL..which explained how she could sell a 24 oz candle for 10 bucks. I was so bummed about that, but quickly realized today that it didn't make a difference, I sold a LOT of them, and will probably have sold out by tomorrow or close to it.

Cute shirt!! You know, sometimes we have to do these shows and then weed out the ones we don't like. There really isn't any other way to know if it will be a good show until you try it. I've learned just because the woodworker makes a killing at one show doesn't mean I will.

Glad today was better for you. And.........here we go again.........get those dang people out of the craft shows that are buying crap wholesale, probably from China :mad:

Cute shirt!! You know, sometimes we have to do these shows and then weed out the ones we don't like. There really isn't any other way to know if it will be a good show until you try it. I've learned just because the woodworker makes a killing at one show doesn't mean I will.

Glad today was better for you. And.........here we go again.........get those dang people out of the craft shows that are buying crap wholesale, probably from China :mad:

I agree with you! She must have bought them at a whole sale store!:P