White Pictures?

van_yulay

Ok.. I used to be on Amazon and they kicked me off because I dont have pictures with the white back ground. What program does that? I thought I had beautiful pictures, but they want no color what's so ever. If anyone knows how to achive this , I would appreciate it.

Monica

You can manually edit them... but its a PITA. I use paint.net. Its free, and its alot like photoshop. I upload my pics, open them in paint.net, and mess with the lighting and so on. I try to get the best pics possible but sometimes they need some help.

Then, use the majic wand tool and you can "select" the background and delete it. So say you take your product pics on a black background, you can delete the black background. There are great tutorials out there... its not hard once you learn, but its a PITA to get right the first few times.

Honestly its probably less trouble to just re-take the pics. I second a light box. http://www.amazon.com/Sunpak-620-EBOX-Portable-Mini-Studio/dp/B000JC3NOY/ref=pd_cp_p_0

You can get different "backdrops" for the light box too.... I think they all come with blue, but the one I bought came with white, green, and black

Edited by LuminousBoutique

funny this came up because yesterday i purchased 2 lights for a box that i am going to make. you don't have to purchase a light box. the lights that i got were from Lowe's and $6 each and lord knows i have plenty of boxes around here and freezer paper!

here's 2 links that i found.

http://www.studiolighting.net/homemade-light-box-for-product-photography/

http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent

I used to use a self made lightbox then I bought one on ebay. It's one that you can squeeze and it takes very little space when stored. It came with a white and a black background.

Then I bought a cheap tripod, and learned hot to balance white on the camera.

Then I learned to use a software (I use gimp) to add the final touch, there's a nice function that lets you choose where the white is on the pic, and it corrects casts on it.

If you want you can see pics on my website: www.punto-virgola.com.

I used to use a self made lightbox then I bought one on ebay. It's one that you can squeeze and it takes very little space when stored. It came with a white and a black background.

Then I bought a cheap tripod, and learned hot to balance white on the camera.

Then I learned to use a software (I use gimp) to add the final touch, there's a nice function that lets you choose where the white is on the pic, and it corrects casts on it.

If you want you can see pics on my website: www.punto-virgola.com.

hehe so its in Italian and I dont really understand much(ok, any) of it but BEAUTIFUL pics!

hehe so its in Italian and I dont really understand much(ok, any) of it but BEAUTIFUL pics!

Thanks a lot!! It took me months of learning to have some decent pic!

Of course it's in Italian, LOL, wish i could translate it into english but my current tax id (which a special one for small business) prevent me from selling outside my country. GRRRRRRR

And I thought I was a gimp by just taking pictures against white posterboard and using Paint Shop Pro to increase the brightness on everything except the picture content.

A while back Lexar had a promotion to download Paint Shop Pro for free, I think you can still find it somewhere on the internet. PSP is a great Photoshop competitor!