Third try at Cupcake Bath Bombs

Markie's Mom

Thats an expensive recipe with that much meringue powder! Try this tutorial

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88553

Meringue powder is so expensive.. I cant imagine using a cup and a half of it in my frosting, especially since that recipe only frosts 6 cupcakes! Holy moly! How could you ever make a profit? You could always add some oil to make it a bit lighter and fluffier. I never use water in my bombs, or my frosting.. I've created my own recipe after testing a bunch (including the tutorial above) but its a great start.

I personally know "soap queen" aka Anne Marie and while she is a VERY nice and incredibly helpful person, sometimes I think she pushes too hard to sell supplies (she owns brambleberry) and focuses less on actually helping soapers have a successful, profitable business and more on selling her wares. Not that I blame her, I know she like all of us has a business to run.. but keep that in mind when you read her advice and recipes. She is trying to sell you her supplies.. and sometimes I think her recipes are WAY too packed with expensive ingredients, for no good reason but to get you to spend more money in her store.

Again, shes very nice and has some great ideas but my .02c is her first priority will always be selling.

Edited by LuminousBoutique

Thanks everyone! LuminousBoutique, I'm especially thankful for your advise and expertise, saving the link to my favs right as I type! I thought I was the only one who thought the meringe was expensive and am glad to know that there's an alternative...can't wait to try the new recipe, I'll be sure to post pics (as long as they come out half way decent) :cheesy2:

Thanks everyone! LuminousBoutique' date=' I'm especially thankful for your advise and expertise, saving the link to my favs right as I type! I thought I was the only one who thought the meringe was expensive and am glad to know that there's an alternative...can't wait to try the new recipe, I'll be sure to post pics (as long as they come out half way decent) :cheesy2:[/quote']

Its a great recipe! The tutorial section on this board ROCKS! I made a batch of passionfruit guava frosting tonight actually, I had some coconut cupcake bombs I needed to frost. I grated some CP soap over the top to look like coconut... its so fun how creative we can get with these! The sky really is the limit. Just have fun with it, thats what counts! Im sure your next cupcakes will be even better!