Problems with wax coating on wick

Had a problem recently with my CD7 wicks. The wax coat was literally coming off before pouring and continued during pouring. I contacted the supplier who asked me " Is it coated with beeswax as this can be quite brittle" Not sure why they don't know what their own wicks that they supply are coated with:( Also, We ordered other CD's of different sizes and had no problem. Are CD wicks covered with beeswax? Do suppliers not know what wax their wicks are coated with? I am very disappointed as this supplier has been around for a long time.

CD wicking isn't coated with anything from the factory; it gets coated by the distributor or supplier. Suppliers like Candlewic make custom wick assemblies in modest quantities and offer a choice of several wax coatings. Someone like that might ask which coating you got. From a supplier that doesn't offer a choice, it seems like a strange question.

I haven't really dug the natural coatings I've run into. Who even needs that. The best coatings are generally paraffin based, though those can suck too. It all depends.

If chunks are seriously falling off into the candle, I'd personally just put those on paper towels in the oven at a low setting and get rid of the wax.

I've been satisfied with the vegetable wax coating on the CDNs I buy from JBN and the ones I ordered from Wickit... Dunno if the high-temp wax on the CDs from Lone Star is veggie wax or not (doesn't say on their website, but I think it's paraffin because of the MP). Those have not given me any problems either.

Sometimes a little of the wick wax flakes when I twist my wicks, but I just blow it out of the container before I pour. Otherwise, no flaking... :)

CD wicking isn't coated with anything from the factory; it gets coated by the distributor or supplier. Suppliers like Candlewic make custom wick assemblies in modest quantities and offer a choice of several wax coatings. Someone like that might ask which coating you got. From a supplier that doesn't offer a choice, it seems like a strange question.

I haven't really dug the natural coatings I've run into. Who even needs that. The best coatings are generally paraffin based, though those can suck too. It all depends.

If chunks are seriously falling off into the candle, I'd personally just put those on paper towels in the oven at a low setting and get rid of the wax.

Does the wax coating coming off the wick affect the burn? Just concerned that the wick looks thinner and won't burn the same.

Does the wax coating coming off the wick affect the burn? Just concerned that the wick looks thinner and won't burn the same.

The wick is the same thickness either way. The wax coating isn't part of the wick and doesn't affect the burn. A lot of candles are poured hot enough to melt the wick wax clean off except for the part of the wick that's sticking out.