Clamshell Labeling

CandleMama6

I use a whole label sheet and create a label template in Word by drawing a Text Box the size of my clamshell. I then place my graphic and wording on the label. I then cut them out using a scrapbooking papercutter. Yep, it's a log of work but the only way I know how to do it to my liking. I hope to sell enough that by the end of the year I can afford to have them professionally printed.

So Blest, you do more of a cardboard insert then? I was thinking of trying that. What kind of cutter do you use? Could you use a regular paper cutter I wonder??

Thanks!!

I've tried the cardboard type insert before and it didn't work. The FO soaked into some of the them.

I actually purchase the 8.5 X 11 whole sheet stickly labels and create the template to fit it. I get 3 labels across and 3 labels down on each sheet. I then cut them using the grids so they fit the front of the clamshell.

I use a Fiskars Personal Papercutter because it is easier to line up the lines than a guillotine type cutter.

Ok. I changed my post because I had my duh moment and thought you said cardboard. But I didn't think about the fragrance soaking through. Wouldn't want that to happen.Do you just put basic info on your labels or do you put instructions there as well? I hate having it all on one label cause then it looks cramped when you look at the clamshell.

I use a clear labels, 1 that has my logo, and clear narrow ones I use on my candles for the scent name. I used to use kraft labels, but switched to clear. The band idea sounds really cool, it would also serve as a freshness seal if it wrapped around the clamshell. I had thought about using cigar band labels for that exact purpose. I'll have to come up with something for the big clamshells we just got.

kyme