Making loofah soaps?

Darbla

I'm thinking of trying these, and from looking at pictures it is just slices from a long loofah sponge that has melted soap poured over it and allowed to set up. Is this correct? What is good to cut the loofah up with? Just a regular kitchen knife? When using these, do you just continue until it no longer suds up and then toss the loofah piece?

It would be the M&P soap Creative. I have never done CP and would not even know where to start. I have some M&P coming from the recent co-op so I will try some when I get it. Now I just have to find the loofahs at a good price.

Plus, 3 weeks is actually really good when you think about it. At my house, a regular bar of soap only lasts 3-4 weeks depending on how many showers my littles think they need.

One last question, about how thick do you slice the loofah?

ohhh i have wanted to try this too! i wonder how they would turn out being in a pvc mold.... hmmm

I've done them in PVC, I did it wrong though I think LOL I stuck the whole loofa in then poured the soap over it, thinking I could just slice it later. It sliced, but it wasn't very clean because the loofa is pretty hard.

The reason I ask is that I have not read anywhere else where you spritz it with alcohol. Also, wouldn't the water create problems later? I am new to M&P so I just want to cover all the bases before I start these is all.

I just joined BB forum and M&P is talked about on it to. This instructor works for them, I think. Anyway she might have answered it on that forum you can check and see.

http://teachsoap.com/forum/index.php?sid=d804e4d15146fb3b82eec9d73b314936

Here is another site I found it has all her videos. She is a good teacher, it's so nice to be able to watch how things are done.

http://vimeo.com/8980155

Edited by Sharon in KY