cross candle

I have a very special request. My oldest son, Paul, is in the Navy in Norfolk, Virginia. He has been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and is on a waiting list for a new liver. In the meantime, he is in and out of the hospital with jaundice and having his blood purified which is very painful and exhausting. When I first started making candles, I used a lot of the plastic two-piece molds from Pourette. One was a 9 1/2" tall cross mold. When I moved back to Arizona from Kansas, I sold all of my plastic molds. Does anyone have this mold, and if they do, could they please make me a white cross for my son. And send it to me and I will send it on to him. Time is of the essence. The cost doesn't matter. His wish does.

Spirit Crafts. no idea why he can't ship in a timely manner.

SHIPPING TERMS: WE SHIP MOST ORDERS WITHIN APPROXIMATELY 4 TO 7 BUSINESS DAYS. WE WILL SHIP QUICKER WHENEVER POSSIBLE. PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHEN ORDERING THAT THIS IS OUR SHIPPING POLICY AND PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.

Just an FYI, I would not order it from SpiritCrafts if you want it quick. Long story...

Do you know of another source for this mold? If not, what would be the alternative?

Contacting the supplier directly with a special request would be the best bet...

Edited by Stella1952

Hi guys ,, I am new to this , however can someone help me out with finding the perfect wax mix ?

Welcome. Yes, there are lots of people here who can help steer you in a direction, but this thread is not an appropriate place to do so. Please do some reading and then start a new topic explaining what you want to make and your questions about it.

Well, I finally got the mold this past Tuesday, 12 days after I ordered it. He emailed me and promised to have it to me in 2 days. What a liar. One mold shouldn't take almost two weeks, especially since he is in California and I'm in Phoenix, Arizona. I won't order anything from him again. Anyway, I poured it Wednesday and sent it out yesterday. My son should get in by Monday or Tuesday.

Well, I finally got the mold this past Tuesday, 12 days after I ordered it. He emailed me and promised to have it to me in 2 days. What a liar. One mold shouldn't take almost two weeks, especially since he is in California and I'm in Phoenix, Arizona. I won't order anything from him again. Anyway, I poured it Wednesday and sent it out yesterday. My son should get in by Monday or Tuesday.

Please keep us updated on your son. prayers and well wishes going your way.

• 2 weeks later...

When I talked to Paul yesterday, he told me the doctors are starting him on an experimental drug to build his liver up. He is also spending a lot of time under an ultra-violet lamp to help keep the toxins at bay. The Navy is exhausting every available treatment before they commit to a liver transplant. Paul told me this weekend will be the first time he hasn't spent the weekend in the hospital in 2 months. Let's hope the medication works.

The Navy is exhausting every available treatment before they commit to a liver transplant. Paul told me this weekend will be the first time he hasn't spent the weekend in the hospital in 2 months. Let's hope the medication works.

I'm sure that he's happy to be out and about for the weekend. Fingers are crossed and prayers are being said that the treatment will work.

The Navy is exhausting every available treatment before they commit to a liver transplant.

Oh my, YES!! Transplants are truly a last ditch choice because of the anti-rejection therapy & suppression of the immune system for the rest of one's life! I so hope the new therapy works, not only for your son, but to help others who would like an alternative to transplant surgery.

How wonderful that he was out of the hospital for a bit! That has to feel so wonderful to him! Healthy people take simple things like that for granted and we really should remember to appreciate them every day of our lives!

Best wishes for his continued progress and a complete recovery! :)