'Violet Musk' and other interesting musk combinations

Darbla

Green Leaf used to have 'Violet Musk' that is great (poured the last I had this morning), but since they are no longer in business do you know of other sources for that? I have found that I really like some of these strange musk combinations. Strawberry and musk, blackberry and musk, etc. At least those used to seem strange to me, but they really work well together. Any other recommendations similar to those?

I have a 'Blackberry Vanilla Musk' and a 'Strawberry Musk' but I'll have to go hunt up the bottles to tell you where they are from. I also order a perfume from another company and they mix grapefruit and musk, and it is to die for! I have Bert's plain musk that is meant to be mixed with other FOs, so I may have to get busy blending and see what I can come up with.

I also loved the Violet Musk but it didn't sell so didn't get more. I love the musky type scents also! A straight musk though, I got the 1 from MC and to me it didn't smell like I thought just straight musk should. What is a good musk in your opinions?

What, is someone looking for Violet Musk? I might have a bottle of it around!

Strawberry Musk ( AH/RE)

Red Egyptian Musk (Southern Soapers used to carry it ... very nice, but may have been renamed)

Sweet Amber Musk ( AH/RE )

Amber musk (Flicker's used to have it)

Blackberry Vanilla Musk (Doesn't Southern Garden have this now?)

Vintage Original Musk (think that was it ... The Scent Works)

Moon Lake Musk (maybe that is what the name is at Southern Soapers)

Violet Musk (pretty sure I own a large-ish bottle) is very nice, I agree. Might be wonderful with a little earthen oak or warm oak blend too ... think I have meant to try it out, but haven't done it.

I have the Violet Musk from DS and I think it's a really pretty smell. I don't know if it's the same as what you have, but it may be worth a shot to try a small bottle from DS. I think the perfect musk to use for blends is White Musk Body Shop Type from SOS. You can blend it with basically anything and it smells great.

Edited to add: Stiletto Blonde Lush type from DS is another must try musk smell. Really, it smells pretty awesome.

Edited by CBE

What, is someone looking for Violet Musk? I might have a bottle of it around!

Hey, root around and see what you got! I had two co-workers pick up a 'Violet Musk' votive off my desk today and just about swoon. I loooove it!

Edited by Darbla