How do you know if a co. is legit?

Lisasoaps

I have been searching forever for a new supplier to buy SLSA from. I used to buy from Alabaster but they are no longer going to carry it. I found a chemical co. willing to sell by a 250 lb drum I was thinking of trying my first co-op but fear of being ripped off then having to refund over $1000. to co-op people. So how can I be sure I will not fall victim? I checked the BBB but there is nothing for this co. Stepan directed me to this co. so I am pretty confident they are ok but just wanted to get some opinions.

Another question, I just have a basic free account with paypal and I was wondering if they have a limited amount that you can recieve in payments per month. I searched the site but found nothing pertaining to this but I thought there was a limit. Maybe I am thinking of the CC co I used to have. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

I don't think paypal personal has a limit. Maybe call and talk to someone.

Get the MSDS sheet and ingredient sheet from the company and compare to other suppliers.

Get them to give you the name of some of the companies they sell to. If they sell in that large of a quantity, they may be selling to some big companies.

What's the name of the company? How long have they been in business? Talk to a salesperson and get info. If they want to sell to you, I'm sure they'll give you info.

Google their company name. If there are complaints, you will probably find a forum/board that people rant on....

Just throwing stuff at ya.

HTH

Candlelady I am going to PM you, I hope you dont mind:p

Faerywren I do order from them but I am looking to save $ I can get 250 drum for $1105 on my front doorstep compared to just the $ 1,262.50 / 250 lb Drum

from the chem store and I dont even know how much it would cost to deliver it. But thank you anyways.

people will be putting this on their skin, soaking their personal parts in a tub with it, washing their hair (and thus exposing their faces and eyes). I'd not go with an untrusted supplier unless you can afford to buy it, have samples tested when it arrives, and the supplier agrees to take it back if it doesn't meet specs.

look to the kokum fiasco on the Dish - if you are not a member then PM me.

We were just hashing through this last night in different salt carriers and ended going with one that offered free shipping through today, but the variances in pricing was incredible (until shipping was added lol.)

The best price out there was from a company we knew nothing about and had shipping not been more than the bag itself, she might have made a sale.