when did prestos become smaller?

Barncat.. It's the 6 Q Your looking for..

I went to Wallmart before the holidays and noticed they were carrying the 4Q.. :shocked2:

Other places still carry the 6Q.. :cheesy2:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q=6+QT+presto&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=12684664514515933415&ei=mK1ZS_q0GdSztgfX_7iRAg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CCIQ8wIwBQ#ps-sellers

Edited by islandgirl

Barncat.. It's the 6 Q Your looking for..

I went to Wallmart before the holidays and noticed they were carrying the 4Q.. :shocked2:

Other places still carry the 6Q.. :cheesy2:

damn wal-mart...they only had one size and didnt bother checking anywhere else...oh well. I really wish i could get one with out the teflon crap. It keeps peeopling off!:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought one yesterday. It is smaller and you have to put it together yourself now and they still charge you the same price!!!! I bought it because I was only planning on using it for votive/pillar wax and I don't really need anything that big. But what a rip off!!!

It is a 4 quart, at least that is what I think it is. That is the only one they had in the store. Funny thing is they don't even put the size of the thing on the box but I could tell by the size of the box that it was smaller than the one I have. I guess what kills me is they should charge less for this thing. They still charge $24. I could see $18. They had me over a barrel. I needed it so I bought it. :(

It is a 4 quart, at least that is what I think it is. That is the only one they had in the store. Funny thing is they don't even put the size of the thing on the box but I could tell by the size of the box that it was smaller than the one I have. I guess what kills me is they should charge less for this thing. They still charge $24. I could see $18. They had me over a barrel. I needed it so I bought it. :(

So who do we blame? Presto or Walmart?:confused:

I think it is the Walmarts choosing to sell the smaller size.

Walmart sells the 6Q on line and it is $42.00.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11445797&findingMethod=rr

I checked out Prestos site.. You can order replacement parts for the prestos!!

Thought this was good to know if you only need a new cord, foot, power supply or handle..

http://www.gopresto.com/products/products.php?stock=06006

I've had luck with Sears & K-Mart having the 6 qt. The model numbers appear to be 6000 or 6003 at those stores.

Kmart site is notorious for not keeping up with their inventory so I would avoid on-line ordering from their inventory.

Haven't had any problem ordering items through the Sears inventory. Online sale until Feb 4th. http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151_10104?keyword=presto&x=16&y=11#viewItems=40&pageNum=1&sortOption=ORIGINAL_SORT_ORDER&&filter=Store|Sears&lastFilter=Store bottom of the page!

Edited by Judy, USMC

So who do we blame? Presto or Walmart?:confused:

*google queen*

Well.... I wondered about this, so I Googled Presto and came up with the link below:

http://www.gopresto.com/products/products_search.php?search_value=10&operation=Search&search_type=category

The Presto I own is a 6 quart Series 2305 Model 0600010 (from the bottom of the pot) - no longer listed on that site...:undecided So I gotta BAAAAAD feelin' that those are discontinued. Y'all better grab the 06000s anywhere ya can because from what it looks like, when the stock is gone, it's not gonna be back.

Mine appears identical to the current Model 06003, listed on Amazon (free shipping) for $46.97 :shocked2:... I only paid about $20 for the ones I own! :shocked2:

There are 3 models listed: 06006, 06003 and 06020.

I did not know that there was a stainless steel Presto (06020). It's 1500 watts, fully immersible & dishwasher safe. From the photo, it appears bigger than the one I have, but it's listed as a 6 quart... The price, $59.00 from Amazon is pretty decent, considering, and offers free shippng...

Oddly, the new "low-end" one 06006 does not specify the capacity... It's also a slightly lower wattage than mine (1200 vs 1300).

Sounds like Presto has changed their stuff. Whether they have done this at the bidding of WalMart is unknown, but since they are not showing the models that many of us may own, I gotta bad feeling that we won't be seeing them again, especially not at the price we all bought ours. Dammitalltohellandback... :undecided

Edited by Stella1952

The Presto I own is a 6 quart Series 2305 Model 0600010 (from the bottom of the pot) - no longer listed on that site...:undecided So I gotta BAAAAAD feelin' that those are discontinued. Y'all better grab the 06000s anywhere ya can because from what it looks like, when the stock is gone, it's not gonna be back.

Stella - the one on the site I linked above shows the 6000-1. Don't know the shipping cost. I've been able to snag a few on EBay for about $20 delivered from private sellers. But the shop owners have raised their "Buy It Now" prices even on the older ones. I agree that the 6000 is probably out of production.