Just By Nature -- is it just me they ignore or everyone?

number2of7

I have sent emails to JBN on three separate occasions ever since Greenleaf went out of business and recommended them. They have NEVER responded to any of my emails!! Just curious if this is normal for them or if someone told them to specifically ignore my emails just aggravate the t-total crap out of me???

I really need my questions answered from them. I purchased some oils from Greenleaf a few months back, and when they arrived, they had JBN's labels on them. If you're gonna stick your name on a product, at least be courteous enough to have good customer service to go with it!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! :mad:

It's not just you. They didn't answer the email I sent them either, a couple of months ago, asking if they were going to start carrying Maduro. I had to find out on here that they do. I'm very hesitant to order from them now, even though I really like Maduro. I do not take kindly to being ignored by companies I plan to do business with.

When I email and don't receive an answer within a reasonable amount of time, if it's important, I call them on the phone!:)

Maybe so, but if a company provides their email address as an option under their "Contact Us" heading, they should respond. Otherwise, don't put it on there. JMO

Maybe so, but if a company provides their email address as an option under their "Contact Us" heading, they should respond. Otherwise, don't put it on there. JMO

Don't get me wrong - I agree they should give a prompt reply and it IS aggravating as heck. I'm just giving the benefit of doubt... Some folks are better about emailing than others, so when I NEED to hear from someone, me? I call. God forbid I should have to *tweet* someone or text 'em... *faint*

Maybe under "contact" it should say:

email; if ya don't hear anything, call;

if I don't answer, please beat on the door 'cause I might have fallen & can't get up! :)

I called them twice. Once to find out if they now carry Maduro (they do), and then to get some technical help (starting to play with candles, not just tarts).

The first time I called about Maduro, I told the person who answered the phone that I had sent an email. She very politely said that these days it's better to call - sounds like they are re-organizing (probably adding GL inventory to theirs?)

the second time (earlier today, actually) I mentioned why I was calling - that I was driving myself insane with the dud candles I just made, and to please help this pathetic little beginner - me!

I have nothing but praise for JBN. I was transferred to someone who knows his stuff, his knowledge on the subject came through, loud and clear. Anyway, he helped me tremendously, more than any other supplier I tried (I tried Candle Science, Peak's and Candlewic). This person at JBN spelled everything out and strongly encouraged me to call him back if the results I get are less than expected. He said "If this does not work out, make sure you call me and we'll do more troubleshooting".

Very impressed, and I'm so grateful for his help! :smiley2: They get a "10" from me.

Just by nature has new owners and the new owner purchased Greenleaf also. They closed Greenleaf out and have continued to carry several of the Greenleaf products under the JBN name.

Martha is the contact person now and is very helpful.

Hope this helps!

They should let people know that, for whatever reasons, they aren't answering emails or returning phone calls ... because they aren't. I don't have time to babysit the people I'm trying to spend money w/ & there are too many suppliers that run their business smoothly. Even w/ GL's great fo's, JBN doesn't have anything I need that badly. I'll use up what I have from GL & move on.

Susan.

All of the JBN owners are just more of the same thing. Donny used to own JBN, his brother David and Brenda owned GreenLeaf. Martha is Donny and David's sister. Unfortunately, David and Brenda's marriage broke up, so Greenleaf split apart and JBN (now under sister Martha) took over the fragrances.

When Donny started some very bad business practices a couple yrs ago (concerning watering down fos,) they lost me.

David is a GOOD guy and I hope he comes out of all of this mess on top. Carole

Well, Tuscan Patchouli is one of our best sellers (we formerly bought this from GL). The ones I received from JBN now that they're carrying it are MUCH weaker....wonder if the watering down process is still in practice with them. The whole thing just aggravates the pee out of me!! :mad:

Wish someone else carried Tuscan Patchouli...there's just not another scent like it!

Heck. I just saw that on their site and wanted to try it, but I was not happy with the quality of the scents - new and old - I received on my last order, so I am pouting, too. Wish they would just go back to whatever they were doing right a few years ago... they had great FOs there for a while... :undecided

I agree about their scents being different than before. I loved their Country Club which if I am not mistaken is their new Havana. Well if it is, it does not smell the same at all. I have an old 2 oz bottle of the Country Club and I just tested their new Havana and it is not the same. The new Havana does have a great throw, but it is missing some note that (Country Club) had.

I think they should go back to their original formulas even if they have to charge more. I would pay more for a good quality fragrance than less for an inferior one.

JMO

Number 2of 7

I found these Tuscan scents on Fragrance finder maybe one of these may be what you are looking for....Hope this helps

Carryl

Tuscan Cypress

Aroma Haven & Rustic Escentuals

"Inspired by energizing smells of nature in Tuscan, Italy, this distinctive fragrance is exotic and outdoorsy. It's a scent that is clean and natural, just like a pile of freshly chopped Cypress soaked by an early morning summer rain. The smell of mixed evergreens is warmed by a sprinkle of spice to make a rustic fragrance that will appeal to both men and women."

details

Tuscan Gardens

Makes Scents Candles

details

Tuscan Herb (type)

Fragrance Oil Heaven

"Enjoy the aromas of fresh-picked tomatoes, red currants, leafy greens and Italian basil with underlying tones of earth and sandalwood."

details

Tuscan Nights

Peak Candle Making Supplies

"Top notes of fresh green vine, citrus and rosemary. Middle notes of ripened melon and an ozonic base with bottom notes of wood/patchouli and lavender."

details

Tuscan Tomato & Basil

Scent Works, The

"A staple of the Tuscan kitchen that embodies the summer sun, this gorgeous scent is luscious, bright and green with just a touch of the sweet earth of a ripe tomato. It's strong, elegant and very unlike anything else. Not perfumey, it's deeply herbal and musky, accented with the sweetness of basil. A leafy green bouquet with mint and anise notes, it is perfect in the kitchen and a gardener's line, and its sweet sensuality is hypnotic for unisex body care."

details

Tuscan Vineyard

Tennessee Candle Supplies

"Sun-ripened grapes still green with undertones of berries, roses and exotic woods on a sweet drydown of vanilla. Top: green grapes; middle: berries and roses; bottom: woods and vanilla."

Trust me when I say that one "Tuscan" scent is quite different from another...:undecided But if it says "Tuscan," we're gonna try it!

Having said that, however,

Tuscan Nights Peak Candle Making Supplies is a HUGE favorite of ours! It's a very heady scent with long-lasting properties. Our customers love it! :yay:

Edited by Stella1952

Well, Tuscan Patchouli is one of our best sellers (we formerly bought this from GL). The ones I received from JBN now that they're carrying it are MUCH weaker....wonder if the watering down process is still in practice with them. The whole thing just aggravates the pee out of me!! :mad:

Wish someone else carried Tuscan Patchouli...there's just not another scent like it!

i think flickers patchouli honey is very close to this OR LOL I like the PH better :P

I appreciate the info on the other "Tuscan" fragrances, but none of those are patchouli :) If you've never gotten the opportunity to smell Tuscan Patchouli, do your nose a favor and order some....

To the best of my knowledge, JBN's Havana is GL's old Maduro....that may be why you're smelling something different ;)

Patchouli-N-Honey....now there's something worth looking into....THANK YOU!

• 3 weeks later...

I completely agree. I sent an e-mail to the address GL recommended when they said they were closing. No response and this was months ago. I called and talked to someone who told me they were going to carry the scent I wanted, but didn't have it in stock and would call me when they had it. I haven't heard a word.

I completely agree. I sent an e-mail to the address GL recommended when they said they were closing. No response and this was months ago. I called and talked to someone who told me they were going to carry the scent I wanted, but didn't have it in stock and would call me when they had it. I haven't heard a word.

If you call the 800 number just wait till the receptionist answers, then ask to be transfered to David. David from GL is now working with his brother at JBN. I have had no problems getting my GL oils from JBN.