Clamshell melts at Hobby Lobby ....

Debbie73

Has anyone seen these being sold at their local Hobby Lobby? I was in Temple yesterday and saw them, was rather surprised. There were quite a few cracked due to the opening and closing. Some looked rather sloppy.

Until yesterday, I had only been in the Waco store and had never seen them in there, but the Temple store seemed quite a bit bigger, obviously carrying more stuff and this may be why.

I was a little surprised to see them being mass-made! :shocked2:

Our Hobby Lobby actually has a large section with melts. I can't remember what the company name was but I smelled the corresponding oils for the diffusers and found them to be pretty low budget.

I get my candle warmers there when I need a couple for gifts or whatever. They are only 3.99.

~Julia

While I was out shopping over Christmas I seen that Walmart had an end cap all set up with clamshell tarts for $2 a package but as soon as I opened them and smelt them I seen why they were only $2 they were very low quality. I get alittle frustrated with it but I always figure if my customers decide to try those I know they be back for mine in no time at all :wink2:

Our Hobby Lobby actually has a large section with melts. I can't remember what the company name was but I smelled the corresponding oils for the diffusers and found them to be pretty low budget.

I get my candle warmers there when I need a couple for gifts or whatever. They are only 3.99.

~Julia

good to know... I might buy up a few warmers with the 40% off coupons week by week because its on my way to the store.. then I could have them in my market booth to sell as a bundle/gift basket

Has anyone seen these being sold at their local Hobby Lobby? I was in Temple yesterday and saw them, was rather surprised. There were quite a few cracked due to the opening and closing. Some looked rather sloppy.

Until yesterday, I had only been in the Waco store and had never seen them in there, but the Temple store seemed quite a bit bigger, obviously carrying more stuff and this may be why.

I was a little surprised to see them being mass-made! :shocked2:

http://www.tartburners.com/waxpowba.html

Ganz has sold clamshell wax melts for years. Long begore we got the clamshells to pour in. They always looked wonderful, a smooth paraffin, nice bright colors and scents. They had a list of scents you could get by mixing their cubes.

While I was out shopping over Christmas I seen that Walmart had an end cap all set up with clamshell tarts for $2 a package but as soon as I opened them and smelt them I seen why they were only $2 they were very low quality. I get alittle frustrated with it but I always figure if my customers decide to try those I know they be back for mine in no time at all :wink2:

I've seen them at Walmart. You really can't compare hand made to mass produced low end products. People buy stuff at Walmart for a reason (it's cheap), just like they buy stuff that is hand made (better quality). There really is no competition at Walmart. It's like trying to compare their purses to a Prada, you just can't.

As for Hobby Lobby same idea.

http://www.tartburners.com/waxpowba.html

Ganz has sold clamshell wax melts for years. Long begore we got the clamshells to pour in. They always looked wonderful, a smooth paraffin, nice bright colors and scents. They had a list of scents you could get by mixing their cubes.

Sharon, that is really interesting. I have never seen the clamshells at any stores, be it Wa-mart or Hobby Lobby, or any high-end store like Dillard's.

I'll have to look at the Hobby Lobby in Waco and see if maybe they just recently started selling them, I haven't been in there for the last month or so, also see the name of the company that makes them. The ones I saw were cracked and a little smudged, but that could have happened from customers handling them.

This may actually help to IMPROVE sales for you. No one in my area had any idea what clamshell melts were (they thought they were bars of soap) :rolleyes2

When larger chains carry stuff, it helps to spread the word around about a particular product. Everyone knows Walmart quality is pretty much crap compared to handmade. Once people become more familiar with the clamshells and know what they are on the spot, then handmade sales would go up, I think.

It still baffles me how many folks down in the south have no clue what a tart is!! Did you just ignore those little round things in Yankee candle all these years?? Oh well....

They are called ScentSationals Fragrance Wax Cubes. Even the name sounds like crap. :cheesy2:

I saw them at our Hobby Lobby. It's kinda funny because they specifically say (or maybe it's the warmers that go with them) that they are NOT Scentsy. The name is nearly the same though...not very orginal on their part! LOL